Active Topics

Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
reasnable list. I excpect no less. Just one question on number 12. How do you handle the smell...
You didn't see the notifications by nano mist patent nokia submitted?
I remember reading it about a year ago on USPTO.gov just search the patents with nokia and scent. I just assumed that was one of the "disruptive technologies" included in this amazing device.

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Norway
http://haugmedia.com/2011/06/16/with...ndows-phone-7/

I'm learning to write articles, in a non-native language. Slaughter me.

(Somewhat related to the thread....)

Originally Posted by Alee View Post
who cares for apple, it sucks to the core, the most mediocre company and devices ive ever seen, yet i appreciate the standards they set but its all eye candy and being slaved, you get just superior touch and you get deprived off all other major features , imho iCrap is dumb as compared to s40 feature phones

This contemptous and blind attitude towards competition that is literally kicking your *** in the market place is what ensures that FOSS mobile devices will never gain traction.

You are a cause of the disease, not its cure.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Frappacino For This Useful Post:
Business week article on new haptics screens:

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine...4043549730.htm

interesting timing.... would be disruptive if true

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bugelrex For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Frappacino View Post
This contemptous and blind attitude towards competition that is literally kicking your *** in the market place is what ensures that FOSS mobile devices will never gain traction.

You are a cause of the disease, not its cure.
That makes no sense.

FOSS wont gain traction because your average consumer doesnt give a crap about the freedoms they lose with non FOSS (which is what FREE and OSS is all about).

The Following User Says Thank You to south87 For This Useful Post:
I don't care what the n9 has in terms of hardware or software I just care that Nokia actually releases a device with MeeGo at the specified date they promised and we don't get delay after delay after delay end up with more threads like this with hopeless anticipation of something that will probably never exist.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to railroadmaster For This Useful Post:
ok guys, open or non-open, let's accept that M$ has done some decent job with their UI in WP7... For one, they cared about the consumer, by building in the key "communication" features into their device well.....

Let's accept the fact that Nokia designed an incomplete contacts, calendar, and phone functionality in the Maemo5, and left us in the wild for 2+ years without any updates. I spent over 10 days trying to integrate my Office/Facebook/Linkedin into my N900 and failed. If there is something Nokia really needs to do well (and I hope it does) in the new Harmattan device, it is building in the core communication features well, and better integrated.

For me, any computer/ cell phone is a window to my social/ professional world... and I hope Nokia engineers are smart enough to know that 99% of the world is the same.

Thanks for the video Haugmedia...

The Following User Says Thank You to IcyMoustache For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by south87 View Post
That makes no sense.

FOSS wont gain traction because your average consumer doesnt give a crap about the freedoms they lose with non FOSS (which is what FREE and OSS is all about).
Right.

So for FOSS to foster, you need to acquire more market, you need to know WTF SELLS.

It's just like an RTS game. You need to conquer more areas (users, etc), because in the long run they will be pumping out resources (payment, spreading your gospel, making your app ecosystem run, etc) for your camp.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
yea ysss - its so obvious and its mind boggling how the zealots miss it here

fact is - many of the posters here are as bad as apple fanboys - their religion so permeates their world they cannot think in a different manner.

its like fish not having a word for water - because that is all they know and they have been brainwashed as bad as Steve Jobs did his followers.

Oh and that example he quoted is incorrect - look at FireFox - a FOSS project that HAS made significant inroads against closed IE of M$ - people like it because it has better security, plugins etc... not because it was simply FOSS. HOWEVER these selling points were enabled by FOSS.

The key is to use FOSS to help drive features that are desired by mainstream users better then its closed source counterpart - but how can you do that when FOSS supporters like this continue to hold such users in contempt and deride them at every opportunity ?

its ironic that FOSS is primarily being held back NOT because Apple or M$ the evil empire, but by the blindness of its followers.

Yea keep thinking that you are "superior" in your little corner of the world - meanwhile, all your "evil enemies" are laughing all the way to the bank.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Frappacino For This Useful Post:
Well Nokia is talking disruptive so here are some ideas.
  1. 300 dollars unlocked pricetag
  2. 32gb or 64gb storage plus dual full sized sdxc card slots
  3. USB 3.0 host and slave capability
  4. 3ghz Quad Core ARM Cortex A15
  5. 4gb of ram
  6. Less .4 milimeters thick
  7. THe ability to use both 4g gsm or 4g cdma and have 4 sim card slot so one could use 4 carriers
  8. 5 row physical keyboard
  9. Some magical touchscreen that allows both capacitive touch capability along with true stylus input and palm rejection
  10. a screen ranging from 4.3inches to 5.5inches that is either 1024x600 or 1280x800
  11. tilted screen or kickstand
  12. 20mp camera with dual Xenon flash with quad-hd video recording(2560×1440)
  13. Can output to six quad-hd moniters
  14. The ability to play Crysis
  15. Quad-hd video editing
  16. The ability to use as a server
I think this would be totally plausible to create at the price of 300 dollars

Tags
duke nukem4eva, epic!, harmattan, n-950, nokia diamond, non-believers, rm680, wasteland