Posts: 122 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Denmark
can i do something about the damn gap??

Originally Posted by infected69 View Post

*****bump*****

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Krakow, Poland
Hi!

Just once again reminding about my strange clock style. Could anyone help?

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by Uchman View Post
Hi!

Just once again reminding about my strange clock style. Could anyone help?
Right, so I just remembered this. Working on this now.

A-a-a-a-and merry birthday.
DecimalClockPolRail.tar

Enjoy. Seems to support everything all the stock clocks support (so, everything except 12-hour mode and image icons at the same time, which none of the stock clock styles work with anyway).

Really sorry I promised this like a month ago and never got around to it.

- Edit -

Sorry, in case you don't know how to use tar:

You'll need root access (preferably with rootsh, but other ways are possible), then type this into an X-Terminal (this tutorial assumes you have rootsh installed):

Code:
sudo gainroot
Elevates that x-terminal to root user.
Code:
cd /
Changes Directory to "/", the root directory (This is because when I .tar these clockstyles, I tar them from /, so they have the entire objective path in them - so if you untar them from /, they go where they belong)
Code:
tar -xf [path/to/where/you/have/the/.tar/file/attached]
Replace "[path/to ... attached]" with where-ever you put the .tar file. If you downloaded it to the part of your N900 that you see through USB Storage Mode on your computer, the path is /home/user/MyDocs/ - so if you, say, have a folder called Downloads in there, and you put the above file in there, it would be at "/home/user/MyDocs/Downloads/DecimalClockPolRail.tar". Feel free to ask if you can't figure out what the path is to where you saved the file.
Code:
killall hildon-status-menu
This restarts the status menu, so Advanced Clock Plugin can reload all the clocks. So if you copied the file to it right, it'll now be able to display the clock style you unpacked. So now go to the settings menu for Advanced Clock Plugin and select "DecimalClockPolRail". (Alternatively you can select it first, then killall hildon-status-menu, but it won't show up until you do both of these).

You can then type "exit" in X-Term. This just exits you out of the root shell. You can type exit again to exit x-term as a whole. You can just close it and skip typing exit both times, but if you use "exit", the commands you used will be available in the history the next time you open x-terminal.

Last edited by Mentalist Traceur; 2011-05-26 at 23:35.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Krakow, Poland
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
A-a-a-a-and merry birthday.
Attachment 20394

Enjoy. Seems to support everything all the stock clocks support (so, everything except 12-hour mode and image icons at the same time, which none of the stock clock styles work with anyway).

Really sorry I promised this like a month ago and never got around to it.

- Edit -

Sorry, in case you don't know how to use tar:
No worries, I am a patient man -- that is part of my job, too. Thanks a million, I will give it a go as soon as I get back from work. And thanks for your wishes as well.

Keep up the good work!

Uchman

-Edit-
Hi! It works perfectly, I tweaked it just a bit. You can see the result below. Just one more question: do you know if there is a chance of similar modification of the clock on the screen activated by single power button press (the slide to unlock screen)?
Attached Images

Last edited by Uchman; 2011-05-30 at 19:35. Reason: Final result

bump again..

can someone help me?

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
Originally Posted by Uchman View Post
...Just one more question: do you know if there is a chance of similar modification of the clock on the screen activated by single power button press (the slide to unlock screen)?
This is being worked on...

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...+widget&page=2

bump again..

can someone help me?
At all the people bumping "that damn gap" - I haven't looked at Advanced Clock Plugin code in a while, but when I have the time (not very soon, as people prob'ly know I have my own clock style still to package, and I'm currently maintning aircrack-ng and alpine, the latter or which and the iw I need to figure some stuff out with. I also got it into my head to do something with busybox-power and to do this one C command-line only program I'm working on myself. BUT, when I get to it, yeah, I'll look into the gap.)

If I make any progress figuring it out, I'll try to make another patch suggestion to Wonko that allows the clock style to declare "ignore_gap" as true/false, and if true, it will skip the gap. Or he can add it to the settings if he wants, honestly. Either way I'll only suggest a patch if it can be configurable, but if I can't figure that out I'll post here how to manually edit it to make ACP not have the gap. Should be pretty simple and once I do get around to it I'm sure I'll get results pretty quickly.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia

those gap is reserve for your alarm clock icon...removing those gap will make you lose the alarm icon...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pusak gaoq For This Useful Post: