Notices

Posts: 132 | Thanked: 148 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Tallinn, Estonia
mkay, definitely a worthwhile tip but the only downloads feed i see there is http://my-maemo.com/downloads/maemo_downloads.xml, which is really more of a new software discovery type feed. i'm looking for a nittygritty version upgrade changelog type feed to follow. something like this: http://packages.gentoo.org/feed/

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Personally, I'd like a sign after a week, so I'd know where to stop looking.

Or, do it like SiB and start with a dark red today and fade to black in 7d. No more themes, though.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Posts: 1,444 | Thanked: 461 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ pakistan
now this is really frustrating :@
from the last two days FAM doing this.

trying the same app in HAM and it's working fine.
but i cant always wait for HAM to load first and then give me the list of application to install next app.

where is the problem in FAM ?
Attached Images

Posts: 1,444 | Thanked: 461 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ pakistan
never mind , rebooted device and it's fine now :$

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Manila, Philippines
please help!!!!!!!!!!!! am trying to install some application using fapman but unfortunately,it says: "ERROR YOUR SYSTEM HAS PARTIALLY INSTALLED OR BROKEN PACKAGES. YOU'LL HAVE TO FIX THIS MANUALLY. TRY dpkg --configure -a".

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Berlin, Germany
Did you try?

The Following User Says Thank You to x-lette For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
If it doesn't help, try apt-get install and see where it hurts.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

The Following User Says Thank You to ndi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 36 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Manila, Philippines
thanks! it's working now.
Originally Posted by ndi View Post
If it doesn't help, try apt-get install and see where it hurts.

i got 1 idea/ problem
every time i want to download a package thats in extra devel or testing etc i have to enable the repositories then update and then when i disable them i have to update it again so it doesnt download from the extra devel still, wasting a fair amount of my dls swapping all the time and the time i waste swapping it

is it possible to have all repositories enabled and be able to select which repository u want to download the app from? as some apps arent in extras and need to have extra testing or extra devel for certain ones
maybe add a button next to the (no operation)(install) buttons (in the screen after selecting the app)that has what repository its going to be downloaded from
eg defaults to (extras) unless the app isnt located in extras then displays extra testing and if is not in that then displays extra devel and upon clicking that button you can choose what repository u want to download from
so if the app is in all 3 its default is extras and gives you an option to download from extra testing or extra devel (with all repositories enabled)

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Berlin, Germany
Would be a fine solution but might blow up a bit the application. Try using aptitude which offers all the options you need (and a lot more). Downside is, it's a terminal application, i.e. runs in xterm only. A bit tricky to get used to it but by far the most powerful application for managing packages.