Active Topics

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Australia
Less than a day to go.

The Following User Says Thank You to pcoder For This Useful Post:
Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
This time tomorrow night in New York will be 10am in Singapore... and all I can think of is, do I really need another Nokia charger in the house? It would probably make it 7 (at least).

For me, I'm looking forward to seeing what gets announced on Tuesday, if anything, to see if ALL the rumors have any meat on the bones. Keyboard? No keyboard? New iPhone-like Nokia? Just super S40 phones? Progress on WP? Has Elop started Weight Watchers? Will Rich Green come running onto the stage screaming "MeeeeeGOOOOO!" and throw pink and grey paint all over Elop? Now THAT would be worth watching!

Bet it's an effing snore fest.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AndyNokia232 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Frappacino View Post
Yea - please move this thread over to the MEEGO handset forum ! And you can head over there too !
Nah, if you can consider Meego Maemo's close kin, WP7 would be a bad enemy in the least.

Originally Posted by shmerl View Post
Nah, if you can consider Meego Maemo's close kin, WP7 would be a bad enemy in the least.
keep your friends close, but keep your enemies closer !

either way - this thread topic is about the N9 - and speculation on whether its WP7 is STILL valid since an official annoucement has NOT yet being made.

my point ? if you wanna thread nazi then go the whole 9 yards and move this entire thread too.

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by AndyNokia232 View Post
Will Rich Green come running onto the stage screaming "MeeeeeGOOOOO!" and throw pink and grey paint all over Elop?
This would make the wait worthwhile

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 233 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ São Paulo, SP, Brasil
Originally Posted by cfh11 View Post
if the UI is based on gesture controls (as rumored) then it is definitely disruptive
I think it will disrupt my patience... #justsaying

The Following User Says Thank You to nwerneck For This Useful Post:
Hey, are we going to get this to at least 6,000 before 6/21 or not? Come ON!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to nwerneck For This Useful Post:
Posts: 604 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Phoenix, WA
lol. this is such a waste of money.

Posts: 293 | Thanked: 372 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Westside
adding to the -> 6000 count:

I think I just had something disruptive in my pants.

"The Cake Is A Lie"

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to frostbyte For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
IMO the disruptive device is a kick-*** S40, a multitasking Java platform + ecosystem that truly will disrupt the lower end much like iPhone/Android have done.
I dunno. Nokia has already been doing a _great_ job down in S40. But whatever happens there will always fell like "oh, they were just supposed to do that sooner or later"...

I don't know what has been happening in the Java MIPID (or whatver) development scene. Are the SDKs already as nice to work as Qt Creator?

And regarding MeeGo and disruption... I understand Elop must find a kind of "eplanation" for it, and I respect it. But to me it's just a continuation of a product that existed since Zaurus times, and will always have a niche for it, of us hackers who want a tiny Linux box in out pockets. No disruption fo rme, just a continuation of something that existed and I hope to continue exsiting...

Tags
duke nukem4eva, epic!, harmattan, n-950, nokia diamond, non-believers, rm680, wasteland