Active Topics

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
I would be fine with September. My N900 still works like a charm...

And if they hand out developer phones before, my most important N900 applications are hopefully already ported...

The Following User Says Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Helmuth View Post
I would be fine with September. My N900 still works like a charm...

And if they hand out developer phones before, my most important N900 applications are hopefully already ported...
If they hand out the dev phones before, I have to see if I still can get my hands on it. Maybe some of my corporate contacts could help me on this one.

Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by zymo View Post
maybe september is the general availability of the n9 and some markets will get it earlier.
I really hope it would be like this, but usually it means late september for some markets and general availability in the end of the year. Who knows, maybe Nokia keep their word this time.

Posts: 490 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hannover-Germany-EU-Earth
Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
I've heard from different sources (k123 and some marketing guys at Nokia Germany) that the consumer device will be released in September.
Accordingly to Nokias new strategy "announce late, release early" I can't imagine the consumer device will be revealed tomorrow. I could be wrong, though, as some developers with access to the consumer device told me, that they would be greatly surprised if it will be released as late as September. They're counting with June/July.
Also I was told that the dev device will be announced and distributed well before the consumer device.

My bet is, that the dev device will be announced tomorrow (tech demonstration and so on) but with the clear statement that this is not the yet to be announced consumer Harmattan device. The consumer device will be announced in the beginning of September and will be available in stores one or two weeks later.
the new announce strategy is not to announce a device and make it available two weeks later. its "sooner" then before, and before it took month between announcement and release. 2 weeks is too short imho... but 2 month would be the normal time for most companys...

announcement end of june and then we have july and august, so if we will see the release time in september, that would be realistic...

and (imho) if they bring the dev device to the developers in july they would have enough time to make some (of the most neccessary) apps for the consumer device...

this would make more sense for me then your version of announcement and release within 2-3 weeks

Posts: 490 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hannover-Germany-EU-Earth
another question to think about: what about companys making accessoires for phones... display foils, cover protector and bags aso... usually they get the sizes of the device before release to prepare the products... they should get some informations too before the release... and no leaks from them...

edit: have to go to work now, see later this evening...
P.S. 16h, 21m, 30sec left

Last edited by Brock; 2011-06-20 at 09:38.

The Following User Says Thank You to Brock For This Useful Post:
Posts: 552 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Not decided
Originally Posted by Koajwujwer123 View Post
Yes , make no sense to show only dev phone. Give wrong message to people. But i still no that retail in septembre.
Do you know if the consumer device will be announced today?

Originally Posted by anapospastos View Post
Do you know if the consumer device will be announced today?
Almost. I can no confirm as not my department

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Koajwujwer123 For This Useful Post:
@all: keep in mind that there will be only a "tech-demo", questions regarding nokias strategy or the release date are not allowed... maybe we will see the consumer device, but no further informations about availability...

i get crazy waiting these few hours...

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
@all: keep in mind that there will be only a "tech-demo", questions regarding nokias strategy or the release date are not allowed... maybe we will see the consumer device, but no further informations about availability...

i get crazy waiting these few hours...
I think that the invite Q&A thing was worded so they can avoid question like why are you abandoning MeeGo? will this be the last Maemo/MeeGo consumer Product?
probably b/c after seeing the product going WP7 is not going to make much sense to a lot people inc. Media, if its really as good as we think

Ag-a-doo-doo-doo, push pineapple, shake the tree
Aga-doo-doo-doo, push pineapple, grind coffee
To the left, to the right, jump up and down and to the knees

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POv-3yIPSWc

Last edited by NvyUs; 2011-06-20 at 10:08.

The Following User Says Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:
Well the MeeGo fan club page on Facebook has just asked if I'm ready to feast my 'senses' tomorrow !

The Following User Says Thank You to Martinhsl68hw For This Useful Post:

Tags
duke nukem4eva, epic!, harmattan, n-950, nokia diamond, non-believers, rm680, wasteland