Active Topics

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
Originally Posted by shady View Post
cannot express my utter disgust with this wasteful product.

i want the N9 eff this colorful non sense, you all can play with your barbie phone, i need a mobile computer. not a fashion accessory.
Welcome shady I think you have to admit something and apologise
only joking don't want to rub it in b/c i know you are sad right now that the KB device was not the consumer product

Ag-a-doo-doo-doo, push pineapple, shake the tree
Aga-doo-doo-doo, push pineapple, grind coffee
To the left, to the right, jump up and down and to the knees

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POv-3yIPSWc

no keyboard? errr....where's the one in the leaked video?

i need to think now if i'm going to get this or the htc doubleshot. i want my hardware keyboard...

and what's with nokia lankku? i thought that there'll only be 1 meego device from nokia?

I know some have mentioned that this device will be shipped in September but I sure hope that is more like July/August time frame. That would really be a big and positive change from Nokia!

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by kar88 View Post
because it looks curved outwards, falling while facing down will brake it. there is no metal frame to protect it like in n900

edit just read your other comment
I highly doubt a fall would break it. Nokia products are known for being sturdy, and I know first-hand that the designers and engineers take pride in that fact. I cannot see Nokia releasing a convex screen unless they had stress-tested it severely (as we did all devices when I worked there). This is a novelty that will get a great deal of attention so it will have to surprise people.

The Following User Says Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
I've heard from different sources (k123 and some marketing guys at Nokia Germany) that the consumer device will be released in September.
Accordingly to Nokias new strategy "announce late, release early" I can't imagine the consumer device will be revealed tomorrow. I could be wrong, though, as some developers with access to the consumer device told me, that they would be greatly surprised if it will be released as late as September. They're counting with June/July.
Also I was told that the dev device will be announced and distributed well before the consumer device.
My bet is, that the dev device will be announced tomorrow (tech demonstration and so on) but with the clear statement that this is not the yet to be announced consumer Harmattan device. The consumer device will be announced in the beginning of September and will be available in stores one or two weeks later.
I still find it extremely hard to believe that H-M is not already rock-solid & releasable if not months ago, then def. by now.
And yet, all we get is maybe the qwerty dev. device tomorrow*, & the consumer device some time in Q3!?

Now that we're pretty sure lankuu will be announced tomm (today for me), maybe we can assume it'll be available worldwide a few weeks later?
Just like Elop originally promised as Nokia's new approach.... more apple-like etc...

*which'll be almost impossible for most people to obtain anyway, as there'll be limited availability + stupidly high prices

Originally Posted by Brock View Post
a little bit offtopic, but especially for the hwkb lovers here...

http://bit.ly/menTXU
So long as I can put meego/maemo on it, I'll be a very happy camper!
Make sure that's a semi-supported option please Nokia...

Originally Posted by giorgosmit View Post
It will be mat, so it;s nice but no so shiny
Personally, I'm a hardware keybard man, but I would be willing to suspend my dislike of slab phones to give this beauty a look - especially if it packs haptics.
Same, I won't totally discount the slate.....
Particularly if this revolutionary new feature, really is as revolutionary as has been hinted...
Plus I REALLY want meego to be a commercial success, so if this device is what it takes, so be it!
Of course commercial success for a meego device can't be fairly compared to the other platforms.
But if it's successful on it's own scale... Nokia will notice... Elop can't hide that, even if he wanted to.

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-06-21 at 19:37.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Well, so far I am not too impressed by design, espacially with the photo of scratched device. It looks so unfinished.
Still, it may be a prototyping casing.

Posts: 63 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Zürich
F5 is my new friend. Love this thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oB0NM6reiRE

Havent seen people this hyped up about a nokia product in ages. Hope Nokia uses this hype and we get an orgasmic peak tomorrow

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to adnokr5 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by Rugoz View Post
so where is the market disruption here? I wanna see clicky screen or gesture control
You'll have to wait for a detailed live demo, then. Too little info now to clearly identify the disruptive element(s).

i already apologized, K123 was kind enough to show me the device a few weeks ago.

however it is still my prerogative to be disgusted with the direction they are choosing to go. instead of trailblazing they wanna be an also-ran and follow apple. all well and good, but not for me.

its sad that i have build my own phone because no manufacturer is willing to support a discerning high end consumer.

still, its absurd that maemo has been reduced to pink shells and gimmicks, without replacing the n900, at the very least updating the device.

but again the fcc docs will be unlocked soon, thursday. so im gonna go back in the background. yes, im still reading the whole thread

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to shady For This Useful Post:

Tags
duke nukem4eva, epic!, harmattan, n-950, nokia diamond, non-believers, rm680, wasteland