Posts: 37 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Bremen, Germany
clearly nokia is targeting a wider audience with the N9, which are expecting a phone from nokia. maybe the mobile computer with the phone as application is not mainstream ready yet and honestly this sucks, i would have liked a new mobile computer.

The Following User Says Thank You to max_power For This Useful Post:
Posts: 604 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Phoenix, WA
Originally Posted by vvaz View Post

I am afraid AWESOMENESS of UI isn't enough to overcome hardware shortcomings.
never thought we'd be hearing this about a nokia smartphone... awesome ui, hardware shortcomings...

btw care to expand on the pricing u mentioned above?

i use shortcutd an app that make the halfpressed camera button a way to get to the task switcher

Even the swiping function exists on the N900... Its just not implemented throughout the OS. Think of showing browsing history in Microb...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zlatokosi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 604 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Phoenix, WA
Originally Posted by LTman View Post
i use shortcutd an app that make the halfpressed camera button a way to get to the task switcher
its probably been a matter of months since ive gone to the dashboard using the top left touch button... i think maemo gods and the dev everyday for the keyboard shortcut and shortcutd

Originally Posted by Frappacino View Post
This phone targets the same demographic of the iphone (pretty UI and easy to use !) without all of Apple's ecosystem muscle behind it. (Trying to out Apple Apple).

Add to that Nokia has declared WP is its priority, Meego is a side project AT BEST. You are not going to get commercial devs to buy in to this when the vendor is not supporting it 100%.

What do you think is going to happen ?
What's going to happen is quite simple. We get an amazing phone and Nokia merrily moves on with their strategy.

Everything else, why don't we just let it play out and see? If you need a guaranteed, safe future of your phone's ecosystem, maybe you don't want to take the risk. Get the phone if you think it does what you want from it, out of the box. Whether it does so or not, most of you will probably find easier to answer after the first in-depth reviews are out.

Originally Posted by selfish_russian View Post
Besides smart-dial, what about copy/paste?
It's there, on one of the videos. Basically like "open in new window" action when you press and hold on a link in Microb.

Can this thread be re-named to:

'the epic n9 disappointment thread'?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 134 | Thanked: 247 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Spain, EU
Originally Posted by MoJo View Post
Battery life seems decent, I love the NFC capabilities, the swipe theme is clever, and every time Marko speaks he evangelizes the product something I think this release has done so well so far.
By the way, does anybody know which NFC capabilities it does have? Reader/writer, peer2peer, card emulation? Any embedded SE? SWP support?

The Following User Says Thank You to kevloral For This Useful Post:
I am completely underwhelmed....this would have been a nice device a year ago but not at all what I am looking for.

EDIT: The more I watch the videos, the more amazed I am at how smooth everything is! Maybe the software makes up for the somewhat dated hardware......I might not be able to resist this....

Last edited by jnack95; 2011-06-29 at 12:48.

Tags
duke nukem4eva, epic!, harmattan, n-950, nokia diamond, non-believers, rm680, wasteland