Active Topics

After about 10 failed tries to download 300MB Germany (at different times of the day) while having 500 MB free on the internal flash (default) I deleted one of my 700MB USA maps. The next try worked right away with no problems at all. There seems to be some serious unzipping going on that requires at least twice the space of the map itself. (I had the USA map backed up on my computer and copied it back to the internal 2GB flash after that)

Originally Posted by Nokid View Post
There seems to be some serious unzipping going on that requires at least twice the space of the map itself.
Yep, that sounds about right.

Posts: 234 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cincinnati, Ohio USA
Any chance we could just downlad onto pc and copy them to the internal card? If they are 'open' could someone who has completed the download mirror them?

Posts: 574 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ BC, Canada
I don't think they are supposed to be "open".

I see from the mywayfinder.com site that if you have a phone you are allowed to download their map files to PC for transfer to the phone, but the tablets aren't listed with the phones, and besides you need an ID/password that we don't have.

It would be nice if they added the tablets. I'll send an email to wayfinder suggesting it, but I don't hold much hope.

Originally Posted by technut View Post
I don't think they are supposed to be "open".

I see from the mywayfinder.com site that if you have a phone you are allowed to download their map files to PC for transfer to the phone, but the tablets aren't listed with the phones, and besides you need an ID/password that we don't have.

It would be nice if they added the tablets. I'll send an email to wayfinder suggesting it, but I don't hold much hope.
Just remember that when you email Wayfinder, also send them links to various websites talking about how great the N810 is and how it seems everyone wants one.
Since Garmin Mobile XT on my N95 stomps on the N810/N800 Maps application I'd just use my N800 maps app as a backup in case my Garmin (or TomTom or Route66 or Google Maps) fails on my N95.