Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by bandora View Post
Once you go black you never go back are you sure you want to do it?
Oh yes, you bet

Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
Oh yes, you bet
I'm torn between the blue and the black. On the one hand, I want iPhone sheep on the train to see me with my N9 in blue and instantly recognise it and think "Woah, Nokia aren't all about 6131s and 2720s afterall."

But the black *does* look good. Like the kind of thing 007 would carry around... hmmm, well at least I'll have around 8 months to make up my mind seeing as Nokia said the dreaded word "soon".

TBH, I'm not impressed with either device.
I feel a little deja vu coming on the more I read about the N9 and compare that to Nokia/MS'es strategy.
Personally, I don't think Nokia have put as much effort as they could have done into the N9. MS didn't want this to take off and leave WinMo7 hovering above the launchpad, Steve Ballmer just wouldn't allow it.

Think I'll be sticking with my N900 for a while yet.

Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
Slightly off-topic but looks like the N9-famed NFC is coming to the N8 too (chip must already be there)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ghLL07KWV0

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
Just realized how confusing the application launcher homescreen actually is when it's filled with many icons.

does anyone know: will there be a possibility (either out of the box as with symbian, or as a third party application like with the n900) to organize these applications in folders?
No folders. In a demonstration video by Finnish tech journalist Tero Lehto on youtube the marketing guy told that "there are no complicated folders". Yes, putting GAMES on one folder would be totally complicated and maybe even confusing.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to OVK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 286 | Thanked: 259 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Cambridge, England
Is the N9 coming to all countries?

The Nokia site has a list of countries you can select to be notified when the N9 becomes available, but that list excludes the UK and other countries like Germany, USA, France.

Rich

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 312 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ P.A.
Interested to see the email functionality in this thing...

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 376 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Hungary
Someone needs to make a new XBill. Like XElop
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zdanee For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by OVK View Post
No folders. In a demonstration video by Finnish tech journalist Tero Lehto on youtube the marketing guy told that "there are no complicated folders". Yes, putting GAMES on one folder would be totally complicated and maybe even confusing.
Insane, really. Scrolling up and down a neverending list of meaningless icons is so much more complicated than a set of well-organized folders. I demand those people to be beheaded.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by richie View Post
Is the N9 coming to all countries?

The Nokia site has a list of countries you can select to be notified when the N9 becomes available, but that list excludes the UK and other countries like Germany, USA, France.

Rich
Looks like the list is only countries where Nokia is selling on line. I have heard rumours, it will be available very soon (weeks rather than months)

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????