Notices

Originally Posted by Dragoss91 View Post
@Estel - ahahahahahah that was funny . That router didn't deny all devices because a friend with an iphone 3 could connect and use their internet .
Just because he got IP leased already - any NEW device trying to connect was denied obtaining IP from DHCP for sure, unless someone pull power cord from router, or DHCP IP lease time expired

@laasonen
Downloading new version, I'll test it. When it arrive on testing, I'm gonna put link for voting here for lazy ones.

Anyway, i wonder why they restarted wlancond - your approach without it definitely worked best. We'll see if this approach any bugs - if so, as i said, i think everyone can live with "too fast respawning" issue, cause it's really not like to occur in real-life experience.

Still, maybe they just did it cause everyone else was doing it? Time will tell

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 565 | Thanked: 618 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Downloading new version, I'll test it. When it arrive on testing, I'm gonna put link for voting here for lazy ones.
Its now on extras-testing. Everyone who thinks its stable, please vote

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Still, maybe they just did it cause everyone else was doing it? Time will tell
Might be
Wlan Driver Selector Applet - Switch easily between stock and bleeding edge drivers

I have a question. When my bleeding drivers are loaded with the applet and i run:
Code:
/home/user # airmon-ng
i get this in return, what gives?
Code:
Interface          Chipset          Driver

wlan0          TI WL1251          wl12xx - [phy0]
Should not the driver change to wl1251 since wl12xx is stock?

Im currently running 2.6.28.10-power47 kernel with latest bleeding driver realese and seem to have problems getting injection to work properly.

The Following User Says Thank You to Omnious For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Omnious View Post
I have a question. When my bleeding drivers are loaded with the applet and i run:
Code:
/home/user # airmon-ng
i get this in return, what gives?
Code:
Interface          Chipset          Driver

wlan0          TI WL1251          wl12xx - [phy0]
Should not the driver change to wl1251 since wl12xx is stock?

Im currently running 2.6.28.10-power47 kernel with latest bleeding driver realese and seem to have problems getting injection to work properly.
I once noticed that too, but everything seemed to work anyway on the aircrack. You could try to do something what you couldn't to wíth the stock drivers also. Mentalist Traceur probably would know why its showing wl12xx as driver.

If you really are using the stock drivers this should output something:
Code:
cat /proc/modules|grep wl12xx
Wlan Driver Selector Applet - Switch easily between stock and bleeding edge drivers

Is the applet consuming more battery now or something elso does ? caues after the last update the battery is drained out completely in 7 hours ideal ! and its the only thing new to my phone + cutetube-qml theme.

Originally Posted by AgogData View Post
Is the applet consuming more battery now or something elso does ? caues after the last update the battery is drained out completely in 7 hours ideal ! and its the only thing new to my phone + cutetube-qml theme.
I can't see any difference on my battery on logs. My battery is now at 36% and I loaded it 22 hours ago to ~90%. Pretty normal for phone with default voltages, over year old battery, no smartreflex and 50% overclocks

The Following User Says Thank You to laasonen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
Using monitor mode consumes a lot of power

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mr_pingu For This Useful Post:
I think I've got an idea for nice feature, that may be implemented for future releases, even as huge update for its own.

As many of Us probably know, using iw package (which now don't return conflicting dependency with aircrack-ng, thanks to Mentalist Traceur) one can easily change regulatory domain:

iw reg set JP

...to Japan, which is most free of restriction domain available. US domain got upper channels (11, 12, 13) disabled, and EU got frequency limit only up to 2482000 Khz, instead of max 2494000.

Ho ever, this change isn't permanent, and even adding this line to startup script in event.d doesn't preserve from switching back to standard regulatory domain (depends on country where Your N900 originated to being sold on), cause with every Wifi off/on, domain switch back to default.

So, here is ideal place for our bellowed applet - making it optional OR strictly depending on iw, simple line of code could be added, + config option like with path to drivers - here we would just set what domain we want to set up.

Or even BETTER idea - just config option to simply (without much hassle with code, again as with defining path to bleeding edge drivers) execute ANY command after 1 second of wait, when wifi is successfully turned on (or even better, possibility to add same thing when wifi is turned out too ).

That would made great possibility for anyone to add whatever she/he want - from simple one line command as with iw example, to full-blown sophisticated script. And it wouldn't need any additional dependencies, cause it's up to user what she/he want to execute after wifi on/off (if want to execute anything). So naturally, it's suer job to put lines only depending on packages already installed.

After short personal brainstorm, i think that easiest way - writing code wise - is a configurable path to script (sh) that will be executed after 1 seconds of wait time. So, just like with path to bleeding edge driver, we set path to our external script. If none defined, applet just terminate loading/unloading process as with current version.

What do you think about it?

// Edit

Personally i could not care more if this feature will be enabled by editing config file, or with nice GUI like with path to bleeding edge location (i know that even now i can alter scripts used by applet to achieve this functionality, but that's little different thing) , but of course more user-friendly way is to do so via GUI. Having in mind that laasonen already incorporated GUI for mentioned (countless times) in this post bleeding edge driver location, it shouldn't be much work to implement such a nice and expendable feature.

Last edited by Estel; 2011-06-22 at 01:22.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
@Estel
In fact I was thinking about this sometime ago when I was playing with aircrack-ng

The customizable command solution sounds great. Maybe a combobox with couple popular commands like the "iw reg set JP" and textbox for own command.

I would need to make a settings applet for opening the setup dialog when user wants. The setting applet would also be needed for configuring, if the connection dialog opens when drivers get loaded. So there would be two things to configure from there.

I'll add this feature, if I end up making the settings applet.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to laasonen For This Useful Post:
Great to hear - can't wait for next release

Anyway, - im sure You already think about it - You're doing settings applet for 3 things (not two), yep? Or i missunderstood something?

1. Path to bleeding edge drivers

2. Open or not to open connection window when drivers loaded

3. Custom command.

That will be definitely huge update. Just to think that few days ago it was "just" applet to switch between drivers - nice whirlwind of development Thank You for that.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:

Tags
announce, applet, bleeding edge, driver, monitor, not4noobs