Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by keflex View Post
On the topic of the lack of removable battery: It's much better marketing-wise to advertise "polycarbonate unibody" than it is to advertise "removable battery". Honestly sometimes I feel like you guys have absolutely zero understanding of how the world works. So the N9 has a lot of characteristics you all dislike. THE WORLD IS NOT FULL OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU. GET OVER IT.
I think you should go back to marketing school. I bet anything that about 75% of people stopped on the street won't know what "polycarbonate" means, ditto for "unibody". Bur they do know what "removable battery" means, though better is "user replaceable battery". Whole wars have been fought with Apple over these things.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 129 | Thanked: 321 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Finland (Turku)
Ordinary people seem to really like N9. Nokia, take MeeGo back. She's leaving and the plane takes off soon. Go! Run past the security! We all know she's there waiting for you, go before it's too late! We know there's love in the air, don't let your evil stepfather stay in your way!

(Sorry, been watching too many movies and N9 threads lately.)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stonik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 190 | Thanked: 167 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Brazil
On somewhat related news, Nokia shares went up 6%. Who thought in buying during the sellout rumours can already have some profit

Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
Originally Posted by Andrew_b View Post
My two cents.

The N9 looks like a potential new phone for my wife who currently uses an N8. I can't see it replacing my N900, no way. But then I suppose my wife would miss the HDMI out which she uses to display photos and videos on the TV, so not too good for her either.
Why? Why? Why? I don't get it. Why 95% of people think that way? Are modern smartphone users really that dumb? 99% of flat screen TVs support playing media content from USB. Apart from iPhone, 99% of other phones can act like USB mass storage device. Power consumption when acting like USB mass storage vs. power consumption when playing some video is..........
Why is everybody so obsessed with the length of spec sheet but nobody thinks about day to day usage and things the are important. Or is it really that 95% smatphone users see their devices only as some media players and web terminals but not a tools for making everyday life easier and more productive?

The Following User Says Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 66 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Brighton
Originally Posted by kinggo View Post
99% of flat screen TVs support playing media content from USB
That's not true. That's not true at all.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Darkshine For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
Originally Posted by kinggo View Post
Why? Why? Why? I don't get it. Why 95% of people think that way? Are modern smartphone users really that dumb? 99% of flat screen TVs support playing media content from USB. Apart from iPhone, 99% of other phones can act like USB mass storage device. Power consumption when acting like USB mass storage vs. power consumption when playing some video is..........
Why is everybody so obsessed with the length of spec sheet but nobody thinks about day to day usage and things the are important. Or is it really that 95% smatphone users see their devices only as some media players and web terminals but not a tools for making everyday life easier and more productive?
I dont think people care that much about specs. Most people dont. Even iphone doesnt have the specs of most of the android phones. But its very easy and usable. That is why I think N9 is great. Only three screens, very usable, very intuitive and beautiful. That is what people want. Most people will care less if duo core or whatever as long as it is smooth, and N9 has 1Gb of RAM, which is what will help with running multiple open apps.

Originally Posted by Darkshine View Post
That's not true. That's not true at all.
Agree, my TV does not have USB. However does anyone know if it has TV out? I don't care if it's not HDMI out.

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by buchanmilne View Post
What is wrong with the GPS on the N900 ?
Hi there digital compass!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to biatch0 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 190 | Thanked: 167 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by rash.m2k View Post
Agree, my TV does not have USB. However does anyone know if it has TV out? I don't care if it's not HDMI out.
Some people here in the forum are saying it have Nova 3,5 mm AV out. It would output at the native phone resolution, I guess.

The Following User Says Thank You to Verythrax For This Useful Post:
Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
let`s see, why on earth do I need to upgrade (or downgrade ) to this phone.The looks are good but I`ve already customised my N900 the way I like and I`m not going to buy this so that I can wait for 6 months for Sygic to create a GPS software for it or wait forever for any other apps.Thank you very much!

The Following User Says Thank You to sophocha For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????