Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
For all the geeks who are infested with spec induced blindness, this paragraph from endgadget says it all:

"The N9's big appeal is about the overall user experience, which is far less time-sensitive than a spec-centric device like the latest Android superphone. Even if it ships a few months from now, the N9 won't feel out of date (its OMAP3630 processor is already dated, showing just how refined and frugal the software on board is) and is still likely to offer an experience that's unique to Nokia."

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
^
Yes I read that but as wonderful as the UI & the overall experience may be...
it needs time to gain acceptance in the market w/o the intense brightness of the iP5 taking away most of the gloss
It's simply bs that it wasn't possible for to be distributed worldwide by now, or a the very least, 1mth from now.

If its ships in september nokia has to make sure pricing is adequate. Approx. 400$ would be ok.

ahtisaari Quote:

"It's Supernatural"
So there are two micks on the device. I have no clue how they managed to squeeez two fully grown men in there but I must admit well that must be "supernatural"

OH wait I found them. One is carefully concealed above the Dual LED flash, yes look closley, that's right - the little notch above the flash is in fact where mick 1 is & mick 2 is hidden behind the loudspeaker!! -#mic get it?!!

Last edited by 1337INT13H; 2011-06-22 at 19:28.

Originally Posted by Rugoz View Post
If its ships in september nokia has to make sure pricing is adequate. Approx. 400$ would be ok.
Forbes is saying it will ship in a month
http://blogs.forbes.com/parmyolson/2...-phone-the-n9/

That talk about Sweden release date was about carrier so i hope it's wrong or is coming later on because we are talking about carrier here.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by keflex View Post
Your opinion might not matter, but that doesn't make it any less narrow-minded, ill-informed, and just all-around wrong.
Man, InternetTabletTalk has sure gotten very mean-spirited lately after since the name change. I also see the name change and change of venue did about as much good as Sci-Fi Channel's name change to the sissy--er, Syfy Channel. What a shame and missed opportunity for capturing a tablet market YEARS ahead of everyone else with a community that was far more optimistic and helpful at the time. I don't think Nokia did anyone, themselves included, any good with moving away from tablets and portable computing.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 127 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Ipswich, Uk
Well I like most others have been waiting for Nokia's next big lick and well not surprising the phone looks well just like a phone and the software isn't really what you would call way ahead in its looks.. Interaction with this bad boy will confirm my fears, so until I can get my hand on one to test it well I'll reserve any other comment other than no HDMI out!!! No Keyboard!!! 3 home screens!!! I got nine on my N900 and I need them all !!!.

Nokia were did it all go wrong???? thought you said you were listening to users?. Apple must be laughing out loud... Watch their next move.

Maemo and Meego will become strictly for developers and gadget guys and girls...

Apple will give the masses what they want all at the same time not in areas across the world one at a time and you Nokia will flat line....

Sorry you missed the boat again... and this time their is no return..

Loz :-(

Audiophile real hi end hifi lover: Revolver Rebel turntable Ortofon CMBPRO stylus, Arcam FMJ MS250 Media server, Krell KRC-2 Analogue pre amp, DENON UDRA-70 sub amp, Harmon Kardon EQ8 eq.
ECS EA1 mono block amps x2, Tannoy M3, Tannoy ST50 super tweeters.
Tannoy 625 Alfie Sub, Revo iblik Wifi reflashed now with DAB. Pure Sound

Dont steal, the govenment hates the compitition.

www.vacrite.co.uk

The Following User Says Thank You to Loz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
For those interested, there is an article from the N9/950 unveiling in Prague yesterday, by Openmobility:
http://www.openmobility.cz/reportaze...ia-n9-s-meego/
The text is all in Czech, but there are some nice pictures like:
  • N950 vs N900 + mugen battery
  • N9 and N950 side by side
  • N9 About screen
  • sd/sim slot details
  • moving launcher icons
  • various apps (battery status, help, weather)

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Loz View Post
Well I like most others have been waiting for Nokia's next big lick and well not surprising the phone looks well just like a phone and the software isn't really what you would call way ahead in its looks.. Interaction with this bad boy will confirm my fears, so until I can get my hand on one to test it well I'll reserve any other comment other than no HDMI out!!! No Keyboard!!! 3 home screens!!! I got nine on my N900 and I need them all !!!.

Nokia were did it all go wrong???? thought you said you were listening to users?. Apple must be laughing out loud... Watch their next move.

Maemo and Meego will become strictly for developers and gadget guys and girls...

Apple will give the masses what they want all at the same time not in areas across the world one at a time and you Nokia will flat line....

Sorry you missed the boat again... and this time their is no return..

Loz :-(
Iphone barely has one screen! Just the normal screen and the app list. They don't give the people what they want.

Apple gives the people what makes them the most profit and what **they** think the users need.

Currently I don't like N9 software seems a simplistic compared with my N900 - but it's open source so should not be too to tweak it.

Nokia appears to be on the right track - i think you are disappointed because the N9 is clearly a mass market device unlike the N900.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by rash.m2k View Post
Nokia appears to be on the right track - i think you are disappointed because the N9 is clearly a mass market device unlike the N900.
It's yet to be seen if it'll be a mass-marketed device. I mean, that takes advertising as well as shipments and support in the larger markets.

So far, no UK, US, Germany, France, Spain and other markets have been slated to explicitly get the N9.

Mass-marketed device? Not yet.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????