Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 411 | Thanked: 1,105 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Europe
Originally Posted by digitalvoid View Post
@ BluesLee:

The smscon_daemon also use pnatd to send the SMS messages.
Thank you for the hint. I switched to a python version for
sending SMS using DBUS and now its working fine.

It would be a useful feature to add COM_CELLID as it might be
the only reliable informations to get via SMS. Thank you.

Blues

Hello, Please help me here,
I have installed it yesterday and while installing it asked me the password(i have given which one I reguraly used no way to forget mis type). and then I have installed SMSCONEditor, while open editor it is asking me passpowd, i have given it and it say in correct and exit the application.

so that of to decide un instaill and uninstall the smscon ans smscon editor.
and then
reboot the mobile using clean900
re install the smscon and smsconeditor(this type it didnt asked me the password)

Now I have uninstalled this applicaiont.
My question is still this is running in back ground in future i have change my sim it will create a problem.

How do I completly remove ths applicaiton files and folder?

Please help me....

continued to abve,
I have used faster application to install and un instll...

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by nmeeda View Post
Hello, Please help me here,
I have installed it yesterday and while installing it asked me the password(i have given which one I reguraly used no way to forget mis type). and then I have installed SMSCONEditor, while open editor it is asking me passpowd, i have given it and it say in correct and exit the application.

so that of to decide un instaill and uninstall the smscon ans smscon editor.
and then
reboot the mobile using clean900
re install the smscon and smsconeditor(this type it didnt asked me the password)

Now I have uninstalled this applicaiont.
My question is still this is running in back ground in future i have change my sim it will create a problem.

How do I completly remove ths applicaiton files and folder?

Please help me....
The default password for the SMSCON Editor is 12345 and should not be mistaken with the password that might be requested during the installation of the OpenSSH server (which is a dependency of SMSCON).

It is good to read the documentation provided.

On your other question, if you unistalled the application then you .. uninstalled the application.

The Following User Says Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
@digitalvoid: nice app. while testing i found that i'm not able to recieve any mail with picture. while configuring i have given ADDRESS as my email id, MAILING SERVER as "www.gmail.com" as i have a account in google. and i have given respective USERNAME and PASSWORD. can u help me if i have missed out anything.

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ France
Originally Posted by ajayhn View Post
@digitalvoid: nice app. while testing i found that i'm not able to recieve any mail with picture. while configuring i have given ADDRESS as my email id, MAILING SERVER as "www.gmail.com" as i have a account in google. and i have given respective USERNAME and PASSWORD. can u help me if i have missed out anything.
If you use gmail, then your mail server is smtp.gmail.com.

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Finland
I installed smscon too and am now trying to get email notification to work. I have gmail on my N900 and have used the same settings- server smtp.gmail.com, port 465, username password. With my gmail account n900 mail I can send messages but with smscon editor test I get no messages through

Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
Hmm, can we have an option to get the cell-tower id? This way, we can submit it to Police and locate the device (albiet approximate location onyl) even if the devices is within a building and GPS data cannot be obtained.

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to ejasmudar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
Originally Posted by ejasmudar View Post
Hmm, can we have an option to get the cell-tower id? This way, we can submit it to Police and locate the device (albiet approximate location onyl) even if the devices is within a building and GPS data cannot be obtained.
that would be very nice! i storngly agree that, this option must be added!!

get your smooth live wallpaper today
My YouTube videos

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ France
Originally Posted by mrp View Post
smtp.gmail.com, port 465, username password.
Mea culpa! I forgot to mention the port is 587.