Active Topics

Originally Posted by afaq View Post
No way would they leave the most profitable markets in europe out of a new device, especially a premium (haha) device as the N9.
Hint: WP7 launch

Originally Posted by zymo View Post
fennec on N9?

http://www.youtube.com/user/Michaelx.../5/mfEEBkcTwDo

sec=17
Yes, why not? Fennec runs on Maemo, runs on Meego CE, so why shouldn't it run on Harmattan? I'm sure, as soon as N9 gets released, you can download Fennec from Mozilla for it.

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 336 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by marrat View Post
Yes, why not? Fennec runs on Maemo, runs on Meego CE, so why shouldn't it run on Harmattan? I'm sure, as soon as N9 gets released, you can download Fennec from Mozilla for it.
yes, but i was a bit surprised seeing fennec pre-installed on the n9

According to meego experts the Nokia N9 has the required FM transmitter HARDWARE but just needs software to take advantage of this fact.

http://www.meegoexperts.com/2011/06/...iver-software/

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sts1976 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
300 Euro != $660 USD

It's gonna be overpriced initially. This is Nokia. Only company worse at pricing anything is Sony.
actually, sony is EXCELLENT at pricing .. its that people have no concept of value in technology.

apple however: http://www.shadymilkman.com/2010/11/just-cuz.html

The Following User Says Thank You to shady For This Useful Post:
Posts: 196 | Thanked: 224 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Africa
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
In fact, I have Firefox, Opera Mobile, Dolphin, Chrome and any choice of browser I feel comfortable with and I can bring those apps with me DAY ONE to any new Android device that comes out.
Opera mobile is already available for Meego. Firefox/fennec should not be a problem, and is on the radar for Meego DE.. Chromium is in Meego, including ARM (mainly for tablet, so UI is not optimised for smaller screens).

And, it has the first webkit2 browser, scoring good points (257 + 14 bonus points) on http://www.html5test.com (vs 193 + 1 bonus point for microb, or 262 + 9 bonus points but unbearably slow for fennec on N900, or 129+0 bonus points for opera mobile on N900)

What does the N9 have? More importantly, can you bring your apps immediately with you to this new device, as I can with Android and even with iOS?
That is kind of the point of the developer device. Naturally, developers who had apps for Maemo or Symbian with Qt, or have already started on Meego should be able to have apps available at N9 launch.

The Following User Says Thank You to buchanmilne For This Useful Post:
From the 'leaked' video (see):
"The N9, launching by the end of the year." By the sound of that September might be optimistic...

Posts: 190 | Thanked: 167 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Brazil
Elop is a dick. He couldn't stand people praising MeeGo over WP7, what would make his strategy sink, so less than 2 days after the N9 was announced, he's trying to kill it saying that this is the last MeeGo device and showing off an unfinished WP7 device to generate buzz.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Verythrax For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
just saw a video on YouTube about n9. looks good but only keyboard is lacking,,,,,,, so not for me!

get your smooth live wallpaper today
My YouTube videos

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Originally Posted by nicholes View Post
just saw a video on YouTube about n9. looks good but only keyboard is lacking,,,,,,, so not for me!
The N9 is the "long awaited" N800 replacement.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Den in USA For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????