Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 565 | Thanked: 618 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Great to hear - can't wait for next release

Anyway, - im sure You already think about it - You're doing settings applet for 3 things (not two), yep? Or i missunderstood something?

1. Path to bleeding edge drivers

2. Open or not to open connection window when drivers loaded

3. Custom command.

That will be definitely huge update. Just to think that few days ago it was "just" applet to switch between drivers - nice whirlwind of development Thank You for that.
I meant two extra things
Wlan Driver Selector Applet - Switch easily between stock and bleeding edge drivers

Anyway, for lazy ones here is link to vote for package - we want to finally made it into testing, don't we? Voting is also important form of contribution, so pierrem and other, if You like it, please vote for this package (after testing).
Thanks for pointing the finger at my laziness

unfortunately, though I can successfully log into my garage.maemo.org account, my attempts to log into maemo.org in order to vote for WDSA remain a total failure.
Does someone know how to solve this issue ?

Yea, it's real PITA and i got exact same issues when trying to vote for some package 1st time. Countless trying and total fail. Unfortunately i don't remember exactly what i did, but something reminds me that maemo.org package voting account may be unrelated to garage page voting (yea, very intuitive). Or at least logging process is different.

Try using Your e-mail as login. If that doesn't help, use Your logging with only lowercase characters. If that doesn't help, last resort is to create next account

// Edit

After initial problems, now, when i remember exactly voting user password and account I never got any problems with voting. so, don't get discouraged, fix problems and You'll be able to vote without any issues anytime.

Posts: 566 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lower Saxony
What exactly is the benefit you expect from switching to jp regulatory domain? Not that I'm against it....

Posts: 565 | Thanked: 618 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by casketizer View Post
What exactly is the benefit you expect from switching to jp regulatory domain? Not that I'm against it....
Estel answered to this couple posts back.
...to Japan, which is most free of restriction domain available. US domain got upper channels (11, 12, 13) disabled, and EU got frequency limit only up to 2482000 Khz, instead of max 2494000.
There is also channel 14 in Japan, but it works only on 802.11b.
Wlan Driver Selector Applet - Switch easily between stock and bleeding edge drivers

Last edited by laasonen; 2011-06-23 at 21:36.

The Following User Says Thank You to laasonen For This Useful Post:
I can see it being useful in USA to get more channels, But what will those extra 10khz do for us europeons?

The Following User Says Thank You to casketizer For This Useful Post:
Theoretically channel 13 will work more effectively, because last 10khz aren't cut from it frequency hopping range. Probably, you wouldn't see any difference in real life situation, when you're not in area very crowded by wifi (and of course populated also on channels close to 13), but still, why to limit Yourself?

Also, as laasonen already mentioned, forcing 802.11b, we can get channel 14. Shouldn't be possible on reg EU, cause even channel 13 is cut off upper 10kHz.

Nevertheless, my proposition was about giving possibility to run reg change command (or particularly, any command/script You may imagine) after wlan on/off, not about forcing everyone to use it laasonen mentioned great idea about inserting also few quick buttons to most popular commands (like regulatory domain change), as addition to "path/to/Your_sh_script".

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Again, I was just curious, not against it. Where I live there is no wifi crowding whatsoever. Most chans are free...

The Following User Says Thank You to casketizer For This Useful Post:
Try using Your e-mail as login. If that doesn't help, use Your logging with only lowercase characters. If that doesn't help, last resort is to create next account
I was aware of all this, but what happens here is even stranger:
I'm logged out from any service available on maemo.org, including garage.maemo.org.
I submit the login form asked after clicking on the voting interface
maemo.org replies that username or password is invalid.
I open "garage.maemo.org" and find out that I am logged in, but still considered logged out for the voting system

I don't have time to play with multiple accounts.

Sorry, no idea here If Your vote will be last missing, I swear i will vote for You from illegal, second account >.<

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:

Tags
announce, applet, bleeding edge, driver, monitor, not4noobs