@dragly, where did you get yours from so early?

Originally Posted by shady View Post
@dragly, where did you get yours from so early?
From Nokia. Seems they are sending them out to developers pretty fast. I guess they want apps for N9 out in good time before it starts shipping.

The Following User Says Thank You to dragly For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by dragly View Post
Just got my hands on an N950. The SIM card slot is full size (or mini, the full, credit card size cards are obviously not used). The bottom right hand side "slot" is the audio speaker AFAIK. So there's only mono, no stereo as on the N900.

I'm going to play around with it now, so just ask if you are curious about anything and I'll try to answer as good as I can. But I can't promise I have the answer to all details just because I have the device here And I'm not working for Nokia, so I have no knowledge of internal details.

What I can tell you from the first minutes of experience is that everything synced fine over bluetooth with the N8 (which again was synced with the N900), except the calendar.

N950 is longer than the N900, and a bit wider, but thinner. It's about as thick as the N900's body without the screen. Compared to the N8 it is almost the same size, but a bit longer. It's all extra screen real estate, so I'm happy about that

The screen is not convex as on the N9, but the swipe from the edge still works good.
Thanks for taking questions! In some videos of the N950 it does not seem to make a good transition from portrait to landscape. Is that still the case? (i.e. the orientation and postion of icons do not change.) Also, any comments about the browser?

i take it you have a longstanding history then, i am just starting out. im using the test templates in qt creator now, im writing an app for reddit. we shall see how successful i am. hopefully it will be better than the one we currently have.

Somebody please tell me, If i have a N9, I can use it as a dev device just as effectively as a N950 right?

Oh and yes, for what its worth: NOKIA, I will like to *spend* money on a N950, so PLZ make it available for purchase. I dont care at all about it being in a beta state and it comes without a warranty. Thanks!

Posts: 380 | Thanked: 459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Slovenia
Originally Posted by shady View Post
use a different browser, it doesnt work in chrome for me, says the same thing but i used FF
tried chrome, FF and IE9, all say the same thing.

Posts: 380 | Thanked: 459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Slovenia
Dragly, does the n950 have a hdmi port?

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Atlanta
Originally Posted by olympus View Post
tried chrome, FF and IE9, all say the same thing.
N950 FCC link:

https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/...d=%27LJPRM-680

heres a google docs:

internal: https://docs.google.com/document/pub...qupSeuWgsm08p4

external: https://docs.google.com/document/pub...NODidgEN2nkwA0

Last edited by shady; 2011-06-24 at 16:16.

The Following User Says Thank You to shady For This Useful Post:
Hmm... Seems I've been unlucky. I got a few duplicates after the sync, so I decided to clear the device to start off fresh. That sadly bricked it, and flashing it ends with the following error after a successful "erase", but unsuccessful copying of images:
ERROR: SU_GET_UPDATE_STATUS_REQ terminated with error code 10: Security failure
So I guess I'll have to wait before I can test more.

To the questions that I had time to test: There is no landscape mode in the home screens, but most applications seem to have it implemented. The transition is flawless and quick.

The N950 does not seem to have a HDMI-port, only the 3.5mm jack which I suppose also delivers TV-out, although I haven't tested.

Edit: If someone else should encounter the same error, it seems like this is because the firmware version available online is older than the one shipped with the device. A downgrade is for some reason not allowed.

Last edited by dragly; 2011-06-24 at 22:48.

The Following User Says Thank You to dragly For This Useful Post:

Tags
gimme, plz lemme buy, take my money!, want noa!!