Notices

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Ipswich, Uk
Have to say thanks but no thanks.. I installed it and lost all my icons on desktop 4 of 9, this wouldn't restore from backup so uninstall Enhanced lockscreen and all is back... so something fishy going on but Im not gonna dig into it.. ill just live without this one.

Loz

Audiophile real hi end hifi lover: Revolver Rebel turntable Ortofon CMBPRO stylus, Arcam FMJ MS250 Media server, Krell KRC-2 Analogue pre amp, DENON UDRA-70 sub amp, Harmon Kardon EQ8 eq.
ECS EA1 mono block amps x2, Tannoy M3, Tannoy ST50 super tweeters.
Tannoy 625 Alfie Sub, Revo iblik Wifi reflashed now with DAB. Pure Sound

Dont steal, the govenment hates the compitition.

www.vacrite.co.uk

Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
With the app installed, when the phone rings the options to Answer or Reject or obscure. Plus, you don't know who is calling until after couple of rings...

just an observation.

The Following User Says Thank You to x61 For This Useful Post:
I would strongly vote for Mentalist Traceur asking of making every aspect configurable, and to NOT load disabled features into RAM / CPU usage/ whatever.

It's great idea and i would love to use it, but I'm afraid that, with all great ideas for features, we're on way to bloat it into death.

Also, we don't want our N900 to drain 100 mAh on standby, right?

Last edited by Estel; 2011-06-25 at 22:21.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Besides the clock, nothing is updated (in the sense of polling - MAFW will send metadata and status regardless of the lockscreen being active or not) when the screen's locked, so CPU usage should be 0.

As for home applets disappearing, this has nothing to do with them since it's just a window coupled with a few tricks, so it doesn't touch hildon-home.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Well, Ubuntu was able to make their own startup/login menu with about as many features as the Gnome built-in version, but without the bloatedness. So it's doable with enough effort, that much is known.

Oh, while we're at it, with regard to Hurrian's mock-ups - I like the white icons the most. Which is why I'm saying this stuff should just be integrated into the theme structure (speaking of, MohammadAG, why did you hardcode the red background into the lockscreen [if you did; I'm trusting the guy who said you did, at least, until you say otherwise]? It's available by default in most themes [I don't think many theme makers change that one from the default, and if they did, what better background to use than that?].).

Also, for a lock screen, I personally think text is better than images. But if MohammadAG wants to go the image route, I say make text and icons in the mockups, and make both toggle-able.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Look forward to trying this software. While I don't use the lockscreen often, I like the idea and the various mockups have been exciting, seeing them develop from good to terrific!

I just noticed that the volume keys' function inside the original lockscreen are tied to whatever application is foregrounded once N900 becomes unlocked. If it's just hildon-home, the volume keys control the volume as expected. However, if it's a web browser, the volume keys are changing the browser zoom from the lockscreen. Similarly, if it's the camera app, it's the camera zoom. If this new screen can play music and steal the volume keys, that will be perfect edit: and it does!

---------

There's been concerns about this screen getting unlocked too easily, and solving the problem with specific tap or double tap inputs. I prefer slide methods, since they are consistent with kinetic scrolling and other single-finger drag operations the N900 already has.

One way the lockscreen could offer many features while still being consistent with the flexibility and modularity hildon-desktop offers, is by using the lock button as a slide-to-function. For instance, in order to play a song, you drag the lock to the play button, rather than simply tapping the play button outright. To review new calls or texts, slide the lock to the icon to the envelope or the phone button. To go back to the most recent app, slide the lock onto a little "most recent app" icon. To go back to hildon-home, slide the lock onto a little "home house".

---------

One more brainstorm: the lockscreen, in its current mockups, has "number of calls/mails missed" etc. This actually duplicates much of the functionality of the task switcher and its missed call notifications. Perhaps rather than separate buttons for these items, there should simply be a single summary button for all of them that takes you to the task switcher, where the user can click the gold alert boxes for specific missed calls or emails.

Again, the premise here is to play to the strengths of the N900's existing interface. Our task switcher is so good, we don't necessarily need to reimplement functions on the lockscreen a la N9 or iPhone.

Cheers,
Justin

Last edited by wumpwoast; 2011-06-26 at 02:46.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wumpwoast For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by TMavica View Post
N900 is only 1 phone that I used over 1.5 year. In Hong Kong, I never seen any people use it, all of them using Iphone everywhere...

Some friends ask me why dont use Iphone, I silent and give no reponse to them. Because I know they dont understand. In Hong Kong, there is no any n900 sale anymore...

By the way, MohammadAG , you are my idol!!!
sorry for going off-topic...
Hi Hong Kong user It's really difficult to find a 自己人喎
you're right i'm from Hong Kong too

okay back. yeh same as TMavica mentioned nobody use N900 in HK... but i won't give away my N900 because of MAG great job!!

Posts: 472 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ India, Mumbai
Originally Posted by pawelstryju View Post
installed it and i'ts great but is possible to change background (and other things like removing icons before and after song informations)?

I think that Hurrian projects are cool, slide to unlock is good or hold to unlock.

IMO there are the best:

EDIT: ok, i see it's not possible to change background (checked what is inside deb package)
how can i too have this lock screen....

Off topic : can we have N9 style SCREEN SAVER

Geeze guys, stop with the feature boat crap creep requests. You 'glance' at the lock screen to check the time, battery, missed call/im status. It isnt ANOTHER home screen to fill with crud.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post: