Active Topics

Poll: Delet the values from the speedpatch?
Poll Options
Delet the values from the speedpatch?

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by epitaph View Post
This is a very personal view not based on facts. If it's faster then it's faster.
True. To ME, that's important. Sorry.

Don't flame me though. I'm just giving my PERSONAL feedback. That's all.
Malaysian N900 user!!!

Last edited by Dark_Angel85; 2011-06-28 at 14:46.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dark_Angel85 For This Useful Post:
hi ~ can you put the details in your first post, what value should deleted from the patch ?
i am totally out of the circle now...

Originally Posted by locolyric View Post
hi ~ can you put the details in your first post, what value should deleted from the patch ?
i am totally out of the circle now...
just download the speedpatch.tar.gz again and follow the instructions in the first post as if installing a new update
Malaysian N900 user!!!

Originally Posted by epitaph View Post
I don't flame you. Maybe you need some more time? It's not very logic your argument of authority.
true... i maybe needed more time... i wasn't trying to argue as well. just saying what i was experiencing. i'm not saying even that your code was bad. cause i'm not sure if your codes were causing it... just said that the previous experience was better. just stating EXACTLY how i felt using the phone...

... but indeed i could have given it more time...

... if i were a little bit more patient
Malaysian N900 user!!!

not even arguing. just stating my experience using it. i'm sure that's ok right? not even saying which code causing it to slow down cause i don't know. just saying that using the device with the new patch caused some lag issues.
Malaysian N900 user!!!

sry epitaph
but not with me
after i reapplied the new patch (the without values) i got a more responsive N900
maybe the values are useful but idk with what

anyway it looks like stable again

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Seker_94 For This Useful Post:
Hmm sry again then

Posts: 472 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ India, Mumbai
had installed it..but need to say after installing it..my battery power decreased like anything...last night after i installed i put my n900 in silent mode and slept and the batter showed about 79% in morning about 7am...my cell was found switch off because of the battery...so i am removing it...

Posts: 182 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Seatle, WA
@epipath having a faster browser but unresponsive system is not what I want. Your values might increase browser benchmark at the expense of eating some other processes and reducing the multitasking.

I am not going to play around with the params as already ohmd is taking care of putting memory allocation for back ground processes. I believe putting this values is making cgroup of ohmd work (though I doubt that nokia engineers would have ignored this).

I would anyday prefer better multitasking compared to increase in browser processing javascript in some lesser milliseconds.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mehulrajput For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mehulrajput View Post
@epipath having a faster browser but unresponsive system is not what I want. Your values might increase browser benchmark at the expense of eating some other processes and reducing the multitasking.

I am not going to play around with the params as already ohmd is taking care of putting memory allocation for back ground processes. I believe putting this values is making cgroup of ohmd work (though I doubt that nokia engineers would have ignored this).

I would anyday prefer better multitasking compared to increase in browser processing javascript in some lesser milliseconds.
True. In fact, now with more responsiveness in multitasking, I open MORE browsers and to me, it's kinda showing better browsing experience, not necessarily better speed (of course if we could have BOTH, then there's no argument)... but how I use the phone is important too...

I like to open all my bookmarks (averagely 6 of them) and do something else while they load for a bit. So, it is extremely important to stay smooth while those are open. Eventually, they're going to load slow because there are so many browsers open but everything else that I do is not affected that greatly and after doodling with other things, ALL the browsers have loaded up!
Malaysian N900 user!!!

Tags
autobrick, awesome-script, do no install, f***epitaph, install it now, perfect_ n900, script-a-brick, very safe