Active Topics

It seems there is a new beta available for mac that bumps up the Skype version to v5.0, can someone try it and report back if it enables video calling between N900 and Mac?

http://www.skype.com/intl/en/get-sky...r/macosx/beta/

I updated to the CSSU from fresh install.
Gchat video call between Linux and N900 runs ok, with a couple issues with the feeds of the cameras.
Gchat video between Mac and N900 only works one way... if n900 activates the camera, the received feed from Mac (latest OS and latest flash update) is lost from N900 screen, even tough the Mac stills broadcast it.
I wonder if the camera-ui2 included in the CSSU may have affected any of the front camera settings.
Does the N900 use flash support (hardware or software) like the clients for PC and Mac do in Gchat video call?

on windows version 5.3 works flawlessly with pr1.3 so why not update your phone?

thank you for your quick reply...
I wanted to avoid opening a new thread for my question only, but I disregarded to say that I do have a frsh install of PR1.3 global ed. , fresh vainilla MMC flash... and after further testing found that after CSSU the skype video calls are also compromised... Below I attached a list of apps installed from Fast app manager.
Skype calls drop after my camera is turn off while the other side is streaming succesfully
Attached Files
File Type: txt applistaftercssumaemo.txt (1.8 KB, 84 views)

i find that ocing to 1000mhz makes video chats work perfectly both skype and google using my macbok with the latest skype and gchat plugins.

anything less ie 900 mhz is choppy or doesnt even start.

this is on pr1.3 with swappolube optimized tracker.cfg and transitions.

installing cssu right now and did the super patch will reply when i can test it.

The Following User Says Thank You to deviantv1ral For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by deviantv1ral View Post
i find that ocing to 1000mhz makes video chats work perfectly both skype and google using my macbok with the latest skype and gchat plugins.

anything less ie 900 mhz is choppy or doesnt even start.

this is on pr1.3 with swappolube optimized tracker.cfg and transitions.

installing cssu right now and did the super patch will reply when i can test it.
Thanks, I will try to install the kernel in order to overclock the device. hopefully that would resolve the issue.

I installed the suitable kernel for overclocking, and while the Skype video chat works, barely, the gchat simply stopped working...
Any one with flawless experience after my changes listed above is welcome to give me advice.