Active Topics

Hi *,

I wondered if the n9(50) becomes the nail in the coffin for the maemo / n900 community. The device(s) might grap quite some developer attention, resulting in a brain drain on the maemo community (without offering a longer term alternative). Might be a win for No-Win.

Your thoughts?

Joerg

The Following User Says Thank You to jhb For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
I'll hold your hand if you're scared jhb, so don't worry mate. No need for tears on your pillow 'cos me and you can get cosy.

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
The N9 doesn't seem to be popular enough around here to kill off the N900, although many of the notable developers haven't expressed an opinion on it. They (sensibly) tend to keep out of the popcorn threads. I'll be getting one, though it won't completely replace my N900. For myself and other application developers, it should be fairly easy to target both platforms, although some applications will take advantage of N9-specific features, such as NFC. It's the low-level hackers whose work is more likely to be exclusive to one platform, and there is a chance that some of them will focus on Harmattan. However, it seems to me that they are the people that are most stongly attached to Maemo (plus l33t haxors need a HWKB ).

My website

GitHub

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
as soon as CSSU get Qt 4.6.4 in and qtm1.2 + qt-components

we can make apps for both platforms very easy.

and dont forget that Meego N900CE is also progressing nicely.

so no n900 is far from dead.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
Haha that YouTube video is quality. TBH thats what I would be like if it had a HW keyboard!

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to F2thaK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 939 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ U.K.
crack on dmitri lol @ vid

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to corduroysack For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Dave999 get's most of the credit for the video. I wouldn't have done it without his 'N9 Dance' video.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:

Tags
l33t haxing kb