Active Topics

I have a N810 and try to open www.9to5mac.com seems like there is no support for quicktime? Is this correct?

Gr Mausse

That is correct there is no quicktime support. If you want to watch a quicktime movie download it on your desktop and then convert it to a format the tablet can play.

The Following User Says Thank You to mrlanrat For This Useful Post:
Some quicktime videos might play ok in mplayer, I'm hoping for an mplayer or vlc plugin at some point.

Originally Posted by mrlanrat View Post
That is correct there is no quicktime support. If you want to watch a quicktime movie download it on your desktop and then convert it to a format the tablet can play.
thanks for the reply..i still wonder why nokia called the N810 a full internet 2.0 expercience....

Posts: 469 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montana
You might find this interesting...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_2

Also Nokia does list all the supported formats on their product info/spec pages:

Media
Built-in media player for viewing and listening to downloaded, transfered or streamed media content and easy-on-device management of media library
Direct access to shared media over Universal Plug and Play (UPnP)
Supported video formats: 3GP, AVI, WMV, MP4, H263, H.264, MPEG-1, MPEG-4, RV (RealVideo)
Supported audio formats: MP3, WMA, AAC, AMR, AWB, M4A, MP2, RA (RealAudio), WAV
Supported playlist formats: M3U, PLS, ASX, WAX, WVX, WPL

Originally Posted by Moonshine View Post
You might find this interesting...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_2

Also Nokia does list all the supported formats on their product info/spec pages:
Thanks Moonshine: on wikipedia: Criticism
Given the lack of set standards as to what "Web 2.0" actually means, implies, or requires, the term can mean radically different things to different people.

I was..AM one of them....quicktimes was one of my web 2.0 rewuirments ;-)