Active Topics

Posts: 502 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ /dev/null
If Sony were to buy Nokia, I'd put Nokia on my blacklist. There's nothing worse than having a device which is laden with DRM/SCMS technologies in which Sony has been pushing since the 90's.

Whoever thinks Sony is a nice company, they ought to be wronged in several ways as Sony gives you far less freedom than what Microsoft and Apple would even provide. In addition to what lma said, they have traumatised their own MD users/owners and their sites along with their databases has been sabotaged many times. Also Sony is suing its own hacker community which they initially started this whole kaboodle about OtherOS support. As PS3 hacker tries to restore that functionality, guess what? Sony sues him.

Nokia is slightly more hacker friendly than what Sony is, period.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tuxsavvy For This Useful Post:
Exactly, if Sony buys Nokia, I would never buy a Nokia product again. I am already boycotting Sony for many years now, because of their rootkits, part in MAFIAA, suing people who hack their devices, going back on their promise that PS3 will run Linux, getting hacked over 20 times in just a few months, and so on.
I am pretty sure that MS will buy Nokia, that's why Elop is trying to ruin it.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
ROTFL so no we have a bunch of bussines experts on TMO

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
ROTFL so no we have a bunch of bussines experts on TMO
Where?

I only see one blogger, followed by a few ethical elists and the Rest of Us (tm).
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Sony would buy Nokia, and use only their factories, and maybe hardware design team. What Elop has done to Nokia regarding R&D would be nothing compared to what Sony would do.

Vínculos interesantes si nos visitas por primera vez (en inglés): New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Si te puedo ayudar con cualquier otra cosa, sólo dilo!