Posts: 187 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
Only a total noob locks their phone at one constant frequency. It is a dumb as riding a fixed gear bike.
OT: Actuallly having a single gear bike is rather clever, It was first used by bicycle couriers(large cities) to reduce maintanence costs and the chance that something goes wrong while working, they also cut the handlebars in order to be able to get through smaller gaps in the city. Sorry for the OT, but I thought it was interesting to share. The rest of your statement is indeed correct.

i tried today having 250-805 with smartreflex for a few hours, worked fine, but wasted quite some battery

Mmm this is all food for thought.

My current settings are 250 - 850 with v0.46 "ideal" profile. Been set up for several monhs now and I've been a quite cautious wrt much CPU tinkering.

The argument to bring the minimum up to 500 is quite convincing. I also like the idea of jumping up to max speed when the load increases, rather than regularly noicing that when the load's high, the speed still languishes around 250, like wading through mud.

Clearly an area I need to read up on to get the best from the device, rather than letting things take care of themselves... Guess that's why we own pocket-sized linux-multimedia-3G-computers, not dumboxes!