Active Topics

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Exeter, UK
Is anyone using the iTech virtual keyboard? It looks awesomely cool, but has recieved mixed reviews. Has anyone got one? Does it pair politely with the 770? And apart from looking as slick as greased hell, is it any good to type on?

ooo they have a bt one now....
I have not used one, but it seems it all depends on your typing habits and whether or not you can adjust yours to deal with the way this thing works.

as for working with the 770, their FAQ says that it does provide HID and will work with Windows Mobile 5's HID driver, so i don't see why it wouldn't work

Yep - I can confirm that it works on the 770. You need to get used to it though: typing with one finger works fine, two fingers also if you don't mind the occasional repeats. More than that, forget it...

Also, other devices have a driver application that allows you to control sensitivity, monitor battery levels etc. That is obviously not (yet?!?) possible on the 770... But for the rest, it works!

vodka

the ones that use the app use the vkb as a serial device and not BT HID

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Exeter, UK
Good news that it works, thanks guys. Now I just have to decide between the VKB and the Elektex fabric one...

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Midlands, UK
Originally Posted by andygates
Good news that it works, thanks guys. Now I just have to decide between the VKB and the Elektex fabric one...
ForWhatItsWorth, I've seen a number of reviews of the VKB that seem to come down to "it looks cool, but it's not a huge usability leap over an onscreen keyboard."

Speaking personally, the number of times that that sort of opinion was given in independent reviews put me off the VKB for good.

HTH,
Jonathan