Active Topics

Notices

Thanks Chelli for porting this. I have a request, to edit in a cell instead of clicking on the top to edit a cell.

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by basco View Post
Thanks Chelli for porting this. I have a request, to edit in a cell instead of clicking on the top to edit a cell.
I cast my vote too. I submitted a bug report twice and they twice answer that they do not know whether clicking on the top is required by the maemo platform.

Excellent!! I am very happy to be using spreadsheets on mty tablet again. Many thanks.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by rone View Post
I am trying the latest version 1.6.3 under 2008 beta and it is not correctly opening Excel 97-2003 xls files. These are files I have used in Excel and the previous version of Gnumeric under os2007. The sheets open but some of the numbers are not being read correctly. I get odd numbers like large negatives or scientific notation where there should be "normal" numbers...
Got the same problem here.
OS2008 on N800. My opened spreadsheets are showing many #####s

Any bug fix so far? Would be great to have GNumeric running on the device...

Posts: 85 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Erfurt, Germany
Sorry, i have currently no time to investigate this futher, i hope to be able to do this next weekend. (I allready packaged the lastest Development-Version of Gnumeric locally, maybe the bug is fixed there but this version has other problems i'd like to fix before releasing a package.)

Originally Posted by astuermer View Post
Got the same problem here.
OS2008 on N800. My opened spreadsheets are showing many #####s

Any bug fix so far? Would be great to have GNumeric running on the device...
Got the same problem too. Opening an xls file which previously worked now shows corrupt contents in fields, even fields with fixed numbers are changed to 0.00 prefixed with a EURO sign as an in-field string or something like -8.88E-156.

After fixing this in the sheet with gnumeric and saving, then opening in excel will result in corrupt contents in fields again.

It seems Gnumeric is not yet usable on OS2008 if you use .xls format.

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Halifax, NS
gnumeric rocks... I am patiently waiting for the port..
thanks to everyone working on it..
Darren

Originally Posted by bousch View Post
Got the same problem too. Opening an xls file which previously worked now shows corrupt contents in fields, even fields with fixed numbers are changed to 0.00 prefixed with a EURO sign as an in-field string or something like -8.88E-156.
Two fairly complex sheets of mine still work - except for minor "#####" issues in some (mostly date) cells. But that is absolutely harmless, it is no indicator of invalid data, but a warning that the cell is too narrow to display the number (a frequent phenomenon with all Excel clones, and even within Excel across different computers, as the cell width does not change to suit another, wider typeface). Data invalidity must affect some particular subset of cell formats only - could you look up which are affected in your case?

Originally Posted by Chelli View Post
Ok, i think that the OS2008 Gnumeric port is now ready for a first release, you can get the packages by adding the following catalogue to you application manager (sorry, no .install-file available yet):

Address: http://people.debian.org/~tschmidt/maemo/chinook
Distribution: /
Components:
This is Gnumeric 1.6. The previous port for IT oS 2007 was v1.7.x. Do you plan to track this newer branch?

-- Denis

Chelli: Thanks for all your efforts. I was able to install Gnumeric on my N800 OS2008 without problem per post number 22. But, I have the same problem others have reported. If I open a file created in Excel (Office 2003 version) I have problems with cells that have calculated totals in them. Even a simple formula like =2+2 in an Excel cell does not open properly in Gnumeric. In Excel it will display as 4, when I open the .xls file in Gnumeric it will display as 5E-315

Last edited by hillsdalebob; 2007-12-23 at 17:04.