Posts: 96 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ India
I overclocked my N900 for the first time yesterday night using this powerkernel47 and to say that the battery lasts longer would be an understatement. Wow....I'm gettin a huge improvement in battery life than with stock kernel & frequencies..
But then there is a problem, my battery indication is wrong after installing this kernel.
The battery indicator shows empty and shows the low battery warnings when conky indicates that there is around 50% charge left.
I'm new to overclocking and its the first time I changed kernel. So can anybody help me out here. The low battery warnings seem annoying.

EDIT: Well, considering the charge shown by conky, I wasnt expecting the phone to shut off but apparently, it did shut off after a couple of low battery warnings. And the phone wouldnt boot up plugged into a charger. But it booted up when I removed the charger and reconnected it when the "dots" boot screen showed up.

And now cinky still reports 49% charge but it seems battery temperature has increased from 34 to 44degrees.

So what part of this is flawed? Is it bme or is it conky?

Last edited by warhawk007; 2011-07-09 at 14:37.

Posts: 96 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ India
And for reference, I'm running 250,805mhz on the starving starving profile.
The phone lasted about 12hrs until the battery low warning popped up and phone shut down.
Upon reboot, Conky shows a 52% charge, around 43degrees and 3946mV. What's wrong here?

After 3 hours debuging debian control files are fixed and it is possible to build kernel from my git repo.

Pre release untested version v48 is on my server:
http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pali

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
awesome mate, thats really awesome , does that 720 dsp patch allows us to play and shoot 720p vidz ?

The Following User Says Thank You to elie-7 For This Useful Post:
you might have a bad cell, do you have another battery to test with?

Originally Posted by warhawk007 View Post
I overclocked my N900 for the first time yesterday night using this powerkernel47 and to say that the battery lasts longer would be an understatement. Wow....I'm gettin a huge improvement in battery life than with stock kernel & frequencies..
But then there is a problem, my battery indication is wrong after installing this kernel.
The battery indicator shows empty and shows the low battery warnings when conky indicates that there is around 50% charge left.
I'm new to overclocking and its the first time I changed kernel. So can anybody help me out here. The low battery warnings seem annoying.

EDIT: Well, considering the charge shown by conky, I wasnt expecting the phone to shut off but apparently, it did shut off after a couple of low battery warnings. And the phone wouldnt boot up plugged into a charger. But it booted up when I removed the charger and reconnected it when the "dots" boot screen showed up.

And now cinky still reports 49% charge but it seems battery temperature has increased from 34 to 44degrees.

So what part of this is flawed? Is it bme or is it conky?

Power 48, with compcache? OMG this is awesome.

Ok everyone get your revolvers ready, it is noob tsunami time again.

The Following User Says Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
for the record, conky does what you tell it to.
if you have bq27x00_battery module installed, and use the built in battery info variables, it reads the battery info from that.
if bme disagrees and shuts the phone off, we can't tell you why. bme is closed source. change your conf file to read battery info from bme if you want, but don't ask how in here.

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
I've now tried multiple times installing the new kernel power v48 but when I reboot, it fails to boot up. Just shows black screen then turns off. I even flashed my N900 fresh (but not the emmc) and then installed power kernel 48, modules, flasher then settings. Still same. Any ideas? (now I'm thinking of trying a full reflash including the emmc)

I installed in sequence via dpkg:
1. kernel-power_1:2.6.28-10power48_armel.deb
2. kernel-power-modules_1:2.6.28-10power48_armel.deb
3. kernel-power-flasher_1:2.6.28-10power48_armel.deb
4. kernel-power-settings_0.12_armel.deb
5. reboot
6. Stuck in black screen and have to reflash.

Last edited by jakiman; 2011-07-10 at 03:45.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jakiman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 565 | Thanked: 618 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
V48 and my N900 is at Nokia Care
Wlan Driver Selector Applet - Switch easily between stock and bleeding edge drivers

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
let us know how you go, Im keen to update

The Following User Says Thank You to F2thaK For This Useful Post:

Tags
battery-status, bq27x00_battery, kernel, kernel-power, misiak4king, noobs-cant-read, pali4president, patches, readdirections, revolverspinyou