Posts: 362 | Thanked: 426 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy, Lombardia
I don't have a developing machine on PC so I have directly installed sdk on N900 and then added git (apt-get install git).

git --version reports : v1.6.5.7

Originally Posted by trisha02 View Post
how did u update it? is it stable? i asked few questions and no one is answering me.will 720p video recording will work..and playback?and mkv format is still unsupported?
In previous posts I have read than 720p support is only for playback and furthermore that it requires an overclocked N900 (900MHz Cpu and 530MHz DSP) to work

Last edited by Fabry; 2011-07-10 at 10:43.

The Following User Says Thank You to Fabry For This Useful Post:
Posts: 23 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Jakarta
I've install all deb version of updated kernel48, must I reinstall multiboot-kernel-power cause I've installed nitdroid?

Originally Posted by trisha02 View Post
how did u update it? is it stable? i asked few questions and no one is answering me.will 720p video recording will work..and playback?and mkv format is still unsupported?
Originally Posted by rochmanew View Post
I've install all deb version of updated kernel48, must I reinstall multiboot-kernel-power cause I've installed nitdroid?
trisha02, rochamew you clearly don't understand what you are doing. DO NOT attempt to 'upgrade' to this. WAIT FOR IT TO COME TO THE STABLE REPOSITORY.

The same goes to EVERYONE else who does not already understand what/how/when/why a kernel upgrade is.

This is in the development repository. I.e. Can/will/probably/maybe/perhaps BRAKE YOUR PHONE.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 284 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Peterborough, UK
Pali, could you please provide the headers also? I will need them to compile the compcache modules when the config script's ready..

I could build it myself but that takes over 20 minutes and also my scratchbox is in a bit of flux at the moment, since installing the Harmattan SDK over the top of it.

Originally Posted by Tigerite View Post
Pali, could you please provide the headers also?
I suppose they are this deb: http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pal...er48_armel.deb

Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
trisha02, rochamew you clearly don't understand what you are doing. DO NOT attempt to 'upgrade' to this. WAIT FOR IT TO COME TO THE STABLE REPOSITORY.

The same goes to EVERYONE else who does not already understand what/how/when/why a kernel upgrade is.

This is in the development repository. I.e. Can/will/probably/maybe/perhaps BRAKE YOUR PHONE.
thank you very much.. i will wait for a stable version..let me kno wen it arrives...i dint get the change log..can u plz mention what are the advantages..plzzz sweety

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Jakarta
I just uninstalled all upgraded kenel-power,now just only omap in my devices .thanks

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
Okay. I have now installed v48 again. It boots up. =)

I tried about 5 different 720p mp4 files. (mjpeg, avc, h264 etc)
No go. Haven't tried 720p xvid or straight up mpeg4 yet.
I guess I have to try and figure out what codec combo will work.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jakiman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 248 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
hi guys,

my question is will this version work with multiboot??

thanks

Tags
battery-status, bq27x00_battery, kernel, kernel-power, misiak4king, noobs-cant-read, pali4president, patches, readdirections, revolverspinyou