Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Yup, I've used my N900 to manage my queues.

Does anyone understand the Roku well enough to tell me whether it would allow me to broadcast video to my N900? The most current Roku says it makes video available anywhere in the area via wireless using the Wireless N protocol.

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Carolina (Formerly Denmark and Iceland)
Originally Posted by tzsm98 View Post
You have captured the real reason for asking NetFlix to release the Linux package - DRM. It is a sad fact that as long as there are people trying to make money from their intellectual property there are people who are going to attempt to not pay for it. So DRM makes it possible to provide the milk without giving away the cow. No doubt a streaming application provided by Netflix would preserve the difficulty in mis-appropriating the content.

I've been a subscriber to Netflix since they had 7800 titles in their catalogue. I would really enjoy being able to watch a short or cartoon on the N900 to fill in idle moments when I am tired of playing Angry Birds. I would like to see that application come from them.
The reason that I havenīt signed up with them is more or less because I canīt watch Netflix on my N900. I donīt want to turn my laptop on to watch a show or movie. Iīve got the N900 with me at all times, but try to leave the laptop behind at every chance I get.

today,
can we play netflix on nokia N900. I have netflix account and tv cable. it would be awsome to be able to play stream netflix. to my knowledge the current problem is silverlight not being supported for linux. Anybody knows otherwise willing to share experience?

Could some one explain to me how netflix is possible in Android without Silverlight, being installed in many unauthorized devices (like the nook color) but still is an impossible in the N900?
Any ideas?

I'm able to play netflix movies with NITDROID latest version.

Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
...and Nokia has been working with Microsoft on bringing Silverlight to its products...
too bad silverlight its DEAD platform. not even burning, dead.

HTML5 will likely pick up, good for open source bad for microsoft... and nokia,.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by nakia View Post
Could some one explain to me how netflix is possible in Android without Silverlight, being installed in many unauthorized devices (like the nook color) but still is an impossible in the N900?
Any ideas?
The Netflix company made the Netflix Android client. They can use whatever delivery technology they decide makes sense for their official Netflix apps since they also control the servers.

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ united states
whats the situation today? any way to stream netflix on n900?

Posts: 254 | Thanked: 509 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Canada
Via Nitdroid on the n900 is the only method I'm aware of (besides RDP or VNC to your desktop machine.)

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ California
Has anyone tried this??
netflix add-on for the firefox app?
http://www.mobyware.net/nokia-n900-n...ree-65612.html