Active Topics

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
More than likely the same as the N900. The real market doesn't pay attention to the same things that we, the enthusiast/developer pays attention to... they want: games, easy to digest video and music, social media and integration with their way to get out in the world with others (read: Calendars, Facebook, multiple E-mail accounts, photo & location sharing) and a decent fall back to a GPS that makes sense and makes you feel like you're not lost.

The N9 has a lot of those, if not all in place. But given the silence, the gap in announcements, (continued) jumbled communication (sorry, those YouTube vids plain suck) and terms that most folks don't even care about... the N9 has an uphill battle. Clear, concise, communication with the user seeing the benefit and ease-of-integration into their daily operations and folks might buy the N9.

If they feel as if they have to create yet another account, or install yet another piece of software, or they have to learn a new workflow that seems alien to them... they will not buy it. Nokia hasn't clarified anything so far about the N9 to the average consumer.

And I fear it will continue.
Yeah, we alreeady knows that you and danramos WANT it to fail...

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Just release the freaking thing already Nokia, & back-it-up with clear & widespread/constant marketing.
It doesn't have to be the fracking Mona Lisa of software FFS!!!
Android was a steaming pile when it 1st came out, even iOS to some extent.
And even today after every major release they're often as buggy as hell for a while.

Android is buggy on HTC, SE and Samsung, Thats for sure I haven't seen ANY of my friend who has Android who has'nt got problem in anyway with theyr Androids. Most of those people ends buying Iphone.

So NO, if Nokia should make N9 to succes it must be VERY stable from start and have "most used apps" installed from scratch cause we all kno there will not be that many apps from strart. But with mopst used apps installed we doesn't need some ****ing ecosystem with 100000 apps from the beginning.

And it CAN succes in many countrys, maybe not in US cause of Microsoft and Apple... But in european and Asia. But thats up to the marketing deparment inside Nokia. But I guess those people has been sponsored by Microsoft and is not intrested in theyr own platform to success

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2011-07-13 at 12:34.

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
On video with a young boy there is a

I

on the helicopter he is drawing.

I think that the first five letters are STENI but the last one I don't get.

The Following User Says Thank You to OVK For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by OVK View Post
On video with a young boy there is a

I

on the helicopter he is drawing.

I think that the first five letters are STENI but the last one I don't get.
Just got that too!
http://tupalo.com/fi/nokia/steni-finland-oy
coincidence?
Also tried STENI9
(Due to the Date 9 on the watch)

Also i think the map shows here:
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=canada...8845,67.5&z=19

seems like everyone's hoping for just that function call...
function displayWinner(){
displayDigits(new Array('W', 'I', 'N', 'N', 'E', 'R'));
$('#message-content').css('display', 'inline');
}

Last edited by c0ld; 2011-07-13 at 13:13.

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 336 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by scapegoat845 View Post
Now i get why they put these ads out (already posted)....

http://www.n9seconds.com/
there is a hidden message at the bottom left. in the frame just shown for 0,1sec you can see a picture of Da Vinci. i think it’s a cryptography and we have to find the key to encrypt the text.

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 83 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Trondheim, Norway
Originally Posted by zymo View Post
there is a hidden message at the bottom left. in the frame just shown for 0,1sec you can see a picture of Da Vinci. i think it’s a cryptography and we have to find the key to encrypt the text.
There is a Da Vinci reference in clip 4 too. If you look at the poster it mentions "Aerial's crew", and if you go to http://www.aerials-crew.com/ you find this same picture of Da Vinci. And Da Vinci's helicopter drawing is some places called "aerial screw".

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jahaugum For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jahaugum View Post
There is a Da Vinci reference in clip 4 too. If you look at the poster it mentions "Aerial's crew", and if you go to http://www.aerials-crew.com/ you find this same picture of Da Vinci. And Da Vinci's helicopter drawing is some places called "aerial screw".
And the picture there is a link back to n9seconds -page.

Posts: 249 | Thanked: 277 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Brighton, UK
Don't suppose anyone knows what the connection the text under picture 3 has to anything?
It reads "Gestures are a from of nonverbal communication in which visible bodily actions are used to communicate particular messages"

Originally Posted by jahaugum View Post
And it seems that the text "a well-spent day brings happy sleep" is a part of a quotation from Da Vinci.

The whole quotation goes "As a well-spent day brings happy sleep, so life well used brings happy death."

Posts: 249 | Thanked: 277 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Brighton, UK
Some are having much more success.

Seems that there are 20 DIFFERENT codes, each of which an be used only once. The twitter feed #N9seconds is supposed to show people's guesses.

So far, 8 have been found, of which the 5 I know are:
210611 - date on football player's phone
PRND12 - taxi gears
DCA578 - taxi number plate
MS2173 - da vinci manuscript screw
132545 - watch time in all over design

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mr_jrt For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????