Unfortunately this post has no news on Android tablets, sorry, it's more a friendly request for advice. I'm on the hunt for a phone for my father. His birthday is coming up and he is always complaining about his phone. The requirements are

Easy to use (he is not very computer/technology literate)
Large Screen (his eyesight isn't what it use to be)
Very Solid Build

Any advice on an android phone that fits this criteria?

The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Cue View Post
Unfortunately this post has no news on Android tablets, sorry, it's more a friendly request for advice. I'm on the hunt for a phone for my father. His birthday is coming up and he is always complaining about his phone. The requirements are

Easy to use (he is not very computer/technology literate)
Large Screen (his eyesight isn't what it use to be)
Very Solid Build

Any advice on an android phone that fits this criteria?
Do you need it to be on any particular carrier, because I could name several devices that meet that criteria generally the best of what you describe are made by HTC.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to railroadmaster For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by railroadmaster View Post
Do you need it to be on any particular carrier, because I could name several devices that meet that criteria generally the best of what you describe are made by HTC.
It doesn't need to be on any particular carrier but I think I should point out that I'm in europe, so carriers are not as important here when choosing a device. Which HTC would you recommend in particular?

The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Cue View Post
It doesn't need to be on any particular carrier but I think I should point out that I'm in europe, so carriers are not as important here when choosing a device. Which HTC would you recommend in particular?
HTC Sensation the camera and build are pretty good. HTC Sense is generally considered excellent. Also the screen is 4.3inch 960x540 very sharp very crisp.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to railroadmaster For This Useful Post:
Posts: 306 | Thanked: 350 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sydney
New Mode for Apps on Large Screens ( HC 3.2 )

http://android-developers.blogspot.c...e-screens.html

http://www.androidtabletfanatic.com/...le-on-tablets/

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to H3llb0und For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by H3llb0und View Post
@ASUS is testing Android 3.2 on the #EeePadTransformer now - we hope to have it released soon!

Just tweeted by ASUS!

http://twitter.com/#%21/ASUS/status/91252492712677376
TWEET JESUS! They even communicate directly with customers about upcoming upgrades BEFORE announcing them! Is there anything to dislike about Asus??

Originally Posted by railroadmaster View Post
HTC Sensation the camera and build are pretty good. HTC Sense is generally considered excellent. Also the screen is 4.3inch 960x540 very sharp very crisp.
Incredibly, I was going to recommend EXACTLY the same device. I recently had someone ask me about that device and I looked into it--and I LOOOOVE what I saw. ESPECIALLY for the average person--it LOOKS and WORKS beautifully, simply and yet has GREAT specs and pretty good battery life to boot. The HTC Sensation! Highly recommended from me too, then!
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 80 | Thanked: 100 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ England
I also highly recommend the Sensation.

Nice big screen, ok battery life and the phone itself is very zippy and smooth. I've also noticed that because the back cover of the phone loops all around, if you dropped it, it looks like you could just buy a replacement cover without wrecking your screen.

I've had mine a couple of months now and very happy with my choice.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to noal For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by noal View Post
I also highly recommend the Sensation.

Nice big screen, ok battery life and the phone itself is very zippy and smooth. I've also noticed that because the back cover of the phone loops all around, if you dropped it, it looks like you could just buy a replacement cover without wrecking your screen.

I've had mine a couple of months now and very happy with my choice.
You people make ME want one. ...and I don't need a new phone.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 100 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ England
dan,

If I remember rightly, was it you who recommended Cut the Rope?

I thought I would take the plunge and brought it.

Am liking what I see. It could be my new favourite game!

Thanks for the tip.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to noal For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by noal View Post
dan,

If I remember rightly, was it you who recommended Cut the Rope?

I thought I would take the plunge and brought it.

Am liking what I see. It could be my new favourite game!

Thanks for the tip.
It was... you're very welcome... and it's an INCREDIBLE game. I didn't even get any free version--I went out of my way to wait for the Android Market version to PAY for it (no ads and to support it!). I... love this game. I loved it from the moment I saw it on iOS and then heard it was coming to Android. I'm glad that I was able to get the word out to tell you all about it and I'm glad you probably enjoyed it as much as I do.

Tags
android envy, buzz..buzz buzz, core failure, crapdroid, galaxy fap, galaxy tab, ipad killer, samsung, tab trolls, tablet envy