Notices

Posts: 96 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ India
@brokensmile

Wait for the new update. That should fix most of your bugs.

cheers!

when i type dis
sudo gainroot
initctl emit AppLockStopDaemon
ps | grep AppLock
kill <applock process ids>
cd /opt/applock
chown users:user settings.db
chmod 777 settings.db
exit
applock -d

BusyBox v1.18.5 (Debian 1.18.5power2) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

~ $ sudo gainroot
Root shell enabled

BusyBox v1.18.5 (Debian 1.18.5power2) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

/home/user # initctl emit AppLockStopDaemon
AppLockStopDaemon
/home/user # ps | grep AppLock
2060 root 2828 S grep AppLock
/home/user # kill <applock process ids>
/bin/sh: syntax error: unexpected newline
/home/user # cd /opt/applock
/opt/applock # chown users:user settings.db
chown: unknown user/group users:user
/opt/applock # chmod 777 settings.db
/opt/applock # exit
~ $ applock -d
AppLock Daemon - Loading Settings
Loading Application Monitor
Connecting to deprecated signal QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QStr ing,QString,QString)
Loading Session Bus Monitor
Session Filters:
"type='method_call',interface='com.nokia.osso_addr essbook',member='top_application'"
"type='method_call',interface='com.nokia.Messaging UI',member='top_application'"
"type='method_call',interface='com.nokia.CallUI',m ember='top_application'"
Adding Filter: "type='method_call',interface='com.nokia.osso_addr essbook',member='top_application'"
DATA:
Adding Filter: "type='method_call',interface='com.nokia.Messaging UI',member='top_application'"
DATA:
Adding Filter: "type='method_call',interface='com.nokia.CallUI',m ember='top_application'"
DATA: type='method_call',interface='com.nokia.CallUI',me mber='top_application'`
DBus Monitor Connected
DBus Monitor Running
Message Recieved on DBus Type= "signal" Sender= "org.freedesktop.DBus" Destination= ":1.111"
Signal - Interface: "org.freedesktop.DBus" && Member: "NameAcquired"

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 92 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Stellenbosch, South Africa
Okay, BrokenSmile. Look at it this way, you are entering the commands WRONG.

When I say "kill <process ID>" I mean you are going to enter something like "kill 9127". When you type "ps | grep AppLock" it will give you a list of apps that are running with a number next to their name. This is the number that you put after "kill ". In your case the only one that gets shown is "2060 root 2828 S grep AppLock", so you DONT need to run "kill" but if you say had one that went "2060 root 2828 S /opt/applock/AppLock -d" you would enter "kill 2060"

Also, I corrected myself previously, the "chown" command should be: "chown user:users settings.db"

To remove applock using the terminal just run the following:
Code:
sudo gainroot
apt-get remove applock
It should remove all the files EXCEPT the settings.db file. To remove that run this:
Code:
sudo gainroot
cd /opt/applock
rm settings.db
cd ..
rmdir applock
I am putting the finishing touches on v0.3.1 so if you can be patient I will try and have it released by this evening, otherwise I will have an internet connection again on Friday, so I will release it then.

ok i removed the applock ... waiting for 3.1

Is it ready?

Stop asking. Just check, and when it arrive @ extras, you can install it without any doubts.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
I installed and now again wen i opened the icon frm the menu .... it opened and i dint c any option and aftr 3 to 5 secs it got closed

Posts: 96 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ India
Originally Posted by brokensmile View Post
I installed and now again wen i opened the icon frm the menu .... it opened and i dint c any option and aftr 3 to 5 secs it got closed
Dude, have you been following this thread? He clearly mentioned in the previous posts that until he feels that the app has matured well enough to be quite stable for most people, he'll push it to extras-devel. Where have you been lately? He will only be hosting his updates on his site until he feels its stable enough. Hence, the app is still for testing and he is gradually fixing bugs.

He also mentioned that he is at his university this week and will only release an update when he gets access to the net. Possibly friday. Didnt you see?

Anyways considering you need to be spoon-fed everything and dont take the effort to learn like we do, I guess this app is not yet ready for your use and you should wait for a stable release.

And please take your time in reading this thread over. I'm sure you'll find your answers.

Cheers!

EDIT: and i guess the version you've installed from extras-devel should be version 0.2.2 as autobuilder wasnt working properly when he released 0.3.0 and hence it explains why the app is not opening from the menu shortcut. v0.2.2 didnt have a GUI implemented yet. Please read and understand a thread before downloading or installing any software on your phone next time. It'll definitely solve most of your issues.

Last edited by warhawk007; 2011-07-14 at 16:09.

The Following User Says Thank You to warhawk007 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 92 | Thanked: 92 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Stellenbosch, South Africa
Update
Just uploaded v0.3.1 to the autobuilder and my website, about time the autobuilder started working again

I think everything is working out of the box in this version. I have clean-installed it a few times on my phone and it all seems to work. Just a few things to take note of since they have changed in this version when compared to v0.3.0 or have yet to be finished
  • Any apps that are locked/unlocked which use DBus monitors require the daemon to be restarted for changes to take effect. This can be done from the menu
  • Closing the daemon through DBus (e.g. using the Apply Changes menu item) will lock the phone. Figured this was a good idea otherwise a simple DBus call would close the daemon
  • You don't need to start the daemon before launching the UI anymore, it will be launched automatically
  • The settings.db file has been moved to /home/user/.applock/settings.db to fix some problems RE permissions
  • You should NEVER run the daemon as root otherwise the UI will STOP locking/unlocking apps on any permanent basis
  • Running applock from the terminal will no longer display command line usage, it will launch the UI. Run applock --help instead.
  • In this version you should avoid using the terminal commands. I haven't had the chance to update them to support the new changes to how everything works and I don't think some of them will work correctly. You are likely to add items to the database that cannot be removed without deleting the database.
  • Descriptions for applications that make use of localisation are NOT YET WORKING. So if you see a random thing like "ap_app_something_desc" under an app name, don't worry, it is just the localised string for the description and doesn't mean your phone has teleported into your living room to eat your new kitten. (Though it may have hacked your N9 and clocked it to 12GHz to fry its CPU :P)

Sorry that it has taken so long to get this version out the door, I have had to completely rewrite much of the codebase to get stuff working nicely. With any luck though this version will be a lot easier to use and you guys can start finding less obvious bugs

Anyway, enjoy and I await problem reports

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SPARTAN563 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 472 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ India, Mumbai
Originally Posted by SPARTAN563 View Post
Update
Just uploaded v0.3.1 to the autobuilder and my website, about time the autobuilder started working again

I think everything is working out of the box in this version. I have clean-installed it a few times on my phone and it all seems to work. Just a few things to take note of since they have changed in this version when compared to v0.3.0 or have yet to be finished
  • Any apps that are locked/unlocked which use DBus monitors require the daemon to be restarted for changes to take effect. This can be done from the menu
  • Closing the daemon through DBus (e.g. using the Apply Changes menu item) will lock the phone. Figured this was a good idea otherwise a simple DBus call would close the daemon
  • You don't need to start the daemon before launching the UI anymore, it will be launched automatically
  • The settings.db file has been moved to /home/user/.applock/settings.db to fix some problems RE permissions
  • You should NEVER run the daemon as root otherwise the UI will STOP locking/unlocking apps on any permanent basis
  • Running applock from the terminal will no longer display command line usage, it will launch the UI. Run applock --help instead.
  • In this version you should avoid using the terminal commands. I haven't had the chance to update them to support the new changes to how everything works and I don't think some of them will work correctly. You are likely to add items to the database that cannot be removed without deleting the database.
  • Descriptions for applications that make use of localisation are NOT YET WORKING. So if you see a random thing like "ap_app_something_desc" under an app name, don't worry, it is just the localised string for the description and doesn't mean your phone has teleported into your living room to eat your new kitten. (Though it may have hacked your N9 and clocked it to 12GHz to fry its CPU :P)

Sorry that it has taken so long to get this version out the door, I have had to completely rewrite much of the codebase to get stuff working nicely. With any luck though this version will be a lot easier to use and you guys can start finding less obvious bugs

Anyway, enjoy and I await problem reports

will update and say

The Following User Says Thank You to cutehunk04 For This Useful Post: