Active Topics

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by meego99 View Post
Do you really think that N9 will be able to compete with iphone 4 or 5?
As a phone or as a computer?
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Banned | Posts: 42 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Jul 2011
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
As a phone or as a computer?
As a multimedia device

As a multimedia device
I'm sure the camera and screen will be great--the software available to actually DO incredible stuff might be very lacking. On the whole, I personally like the N9 better (I know, I know.. nobody expected me to say that--but truth be told, it's a GREAT screen and camera). But, ultimately, I doubt it will sell decently despite that.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
Anyone tried using Elgamal 15 message painted on the lorry at start of video 2.
its refers to a GNU Encryption system
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ElGamal_encryption

Ag-a-doo-doo-doo, push pineapple, shake the tree
Aga-doo-doo-doo, push pineapple, grind coffee
To the left, to the right, jump up and down and to the knees

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POv-3yIPSWc

As a multimedia device
multimedia... the iphone camera is already beaten by many others phones, particularly by nokia

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fabb For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
Anyone tried using Elgamal 15 message painted on the lorry at start of video 2.
its refers to a GNU Encryption system
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ElGamal_encryption
yeah we saw that, do not really know how to manipulate it though !

Banned | Posts: 42 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Jul 2011
I'm sure the camera and screen will be great--the software available to actually DO incredible stuff might be very lacking. On the whole, I personally like the N9 better (I know, I know.. nobody expected me to say that--but truth be told, it's a GREAT screen and camera). But, ultimately, I doubt it will sell decently despite that.
N9 is what an iphone should have been. But it will not sell massively without massive advertisement. It will follow N900 footsteps, but on a larger scale. It is a consumer device and it does things well by appearance. It will be interesting to see how buggy, laggy, or hyped up it is once it ends in users hands

N9 is what an iphone should have been. But it will not sell massively without massive advertisement. It will follow N900 footsteps, but on a larger scale. It is a consumer device and it does things well by appearance. It will be interesting to see how buggy, laggy, or hyped up it is once it ends in users hands
The problem I see with that is that the operating system is a mangled abomination--sitting somewhere between Maemo and MeeGo, being neither wholly one nor the other, nor does it give a particularly good experience at being either an iPhone competitor nor a geek's toy.

I know Eflop thinks that all-in-one social screen is a benefit.. I don't like it, personally, and I think a lot of people would like ACTUAL first-party support... who's to say that Nokia's implementation goes awry and incompatible... then what? Can we depend on Nokia to immediately fix that stupid update service's firmware?

As a geek's toy, it lacks a good, proper desktop experience interface, has WAY too much closed-source and it's a step-back from all other devices out there in this current generation with similar hardware specs. I'm looking right at an HTC Sensation, right now for example. I'd rather have that for the overall support, quality, utility and even--yes--for it's geek factor.

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
What does IRFNOM means?

Posts: 513 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Sweden
The problem I see with that is that the operating system is a mangled abomination--sitting somewhere between Maemo and MeeGo, being neither wholly one nor the other, nor does it give a particularly good experience at being either an iPhone competitor nor a geek's toy.

I know Eflop thinks that all-in-one social screen is a benefit.. I don't like it, personally, and I think a lot of people would like ACTUAL first-party support... who's to say that Nokia's implementation goes awry and incompatible... then what? Can we depend on Nokia to immediately fix that stupid update service's firmware?

As a geek's toy, it lacks a good, proper desktop experience interface, has WAY too much closed-source and it's a step-back from all other devices out there in this current generation with similar hardware specs. I'm looking right at an HTC Sensation, right now for example. I'd rather have that for the overall support, quality, utility and even--yes--for it's geek factor.
This guy just never stop now does he? I agree about some of your "concerns" about Harmattan but saying that it contains way too much closed source its just plain stupid. Of the base system it's more or less just the swipe ux and the graphical driver that is proprietary. And as you don't seem to like the ux anyway what's the problem? Better run the ce instead which is completely open, except for the gpu driver. And I agree with Nokia here as if they open up their ux some asian copy cats might as well launch an M9 or something even before Nokia gets the N9 out the doors. Nokia need to get their investment back. and fast.
But the WM7 "horse" has a blood lineage tracing back to donkeys such as WM6.5, 6.1, 6.0, 5.1 that was fully neglected for too many years and Microsoft did sweet F all to maintain it (still running on Pocket IE4/6!!).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xerxes2 For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????