Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 96 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ India
I flashed my N900 today. Installed CSSU + this deb and set forced rotation in cssu features and orientation lock is also set to auto rotate. I still cant get my desktop to rotate. Please help!

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Cordoba,Argentina
Heya folks.
When researching (because I tought on doing myself, actually) how to sync google contacts, I've found this:

http://code.google.com/p/nookle/

Considering the fact that we've Ermining_NG, how crazy do you think it'd be on dreaming on a full google cal/contacts service?

I know MFE is avaiable, but some of us needs to use that for the work mail...

Thanks in advance!

PS: I'll experimient with nookle this weekend to see if it is functional.

Posts: 96 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ India
Oops, my mistake. I was installing the debug file all this while. Didnt notice. Simply flashed my perfect N900 with all my apps.
Well I installed the original deb now and its working great.
By the way, after installing CSSU this time, my Phone app is stuckin landscape mode. Any way to fix it? I searched and googled but couldnt find it.

The new portrait hildon-desktop is wonderful! Go arcean! Now my phone can sit in its car cupholder and be a proper FM-transmitting audio player.

I caught a couple blemishes though. When touching a Contact shortcut, the dialogue pop-up with the person's Phone/SMS/Email returns the phone to landscape mode. However by some kind of rotation or touch, I can make the dialogue go into portrait mode as well. If hildon-desktop portrait mode properly opened Contact shortcuts in portrait mode, it would be a huge usability win!

Another small bug occurs in tandem with the recent hildon-home portrait-mode task switching: on the task-switcher screen, if an app has transitioned to portrait from landscape, it doesn't always change the orientation of the task-window fill. The telltale sign is overflow running out the left side of the task-window.

It's great to finally have portrait desktops on N900. Props to the CSSU group for keeping the N900 platform viable and keeping a useful open-source phone UI going strong.

The Following User Says Thank You to wumpwoast For This Useful Post:
Yeah and now the only thing needs to be done to the portrait mode saga is a whitelist/blacklist option for apps.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Radicalz38 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 304 | Thanked: 235 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Manila
Originally Posted by Radicalz38 View Post
Yeah and now the only thing needs to be done to the portrait mode saga is a whitelist/blacklist option for apps.
and portrait vkb

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kent_autistic For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kent_autistic View Post
and portrait vkb
Well I don't know about that. Since we got fastsmsEvo now I doubt devs would alot some time making a new one.

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
Originally Posted by warhawk007 View Post
Is it just me? I installed the deb provided here and well....Nothing!! The desktop doesn't rotate for me. Its just like it was before.
My orientation lock is set to auto-orientation enabled. Why doesnt it work for me? I tried installing it multiple times but no change.
And for reference, I'm running on Powerkernel v48 with OC of 250-750 starving. But I dont think CSSU updates had anything to do with kernel.
Please help me out herel Thanks in advance
when U install new HD portrait deb it overwrites your transitions.ini so you need to re-enable forced portrait

Originally Posted by Radicalz38 View Post
Well I don't know about that. Since we got fastsmsEvo now I doubt devs would alot some time making a new one.
and MCIP

Last edited by F2thaK; 2011-07-15 at 04:27.

loving new potrait.

now what missing?

a potrait keyboard. picture galley potrait, calculator replacement?
i know someone making calculador

potrait keyboard for now we can use fastsmsevo or mcpi

and galleries theres is tons of QML Examples, yet there is one released at repositories.

Last edited by jo21; 2011-07-15 at 05:18.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jo21 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 304 | Thanked: 235 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Manila
bug? in task switcher view, when I lock using the lock slider, then unlock the device, it will show the desktop instead of the task switcher.

Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade