Notices

Ok so I was trying to get the developer packages to be able to deploy apps to my N900! And when it came to install libqtm* it install loads of random crap!

Now my rootfs is actually full - df -h shows 100% usage!

How do I remove all libqtm and fix it?

Originally Posted by rash.m2k View Post
Ok so I was trying to get the developer packages to be able to deploy apps to my N900! And when it came to install libqtm* it install loads of random crap!

Now my rootfs is actually full - df -h shows 100% usage!

How do I remove all libqtm and fix it?
load up xterminal as root an type

Code:
apt-get remove ' package name '
or maybe a reflash would be easyer an maybe have a look as some custom emmc's so you have more room to install apps ..

@rash.2mk
Have you read the page in the wiki aboutclearing up the root fs?

Also, most of the stuff the contents that is supposed to be in /root is "hidden" i.e. the folders are preceded with a dot. If you open the terminal and type
ls /root
- are there many files/folders?
To view all, type
ls -a /root
- there should be quite a big difference!

Anything that looks like a file save by you, as opposed to one automatically created by a programme should be deleted/moved out of there. Incidentally, it might be better to use a file explorer to actually do the clearing up. For example I accidentally recorded a video to the root directory because my iplayer scripts were root-access only so I had lots of warnings but eventually tracked down the problem.

If you want to remove currently installed software, remember to purge packages using dpkg, not just apt-get remove. And, to really tidy things up remove the conf files et-al from the /etc folder and the like.

I'm sure it's just a matter of house-keeping so don't panic!

apt-get does not work - the process ended abruptly thus asks to run dpkg --configure -a - which also does not work because it can't write the lock file.

anyway i kinda fixed it by moving some libs to the memory card - but moving them back was more tricky - it's kinda bricked now, just gonna flash it now.