Originally Posted by erendorn View Post
easy guys, this thread is about unexpected cool features of the n950
just thought that merging it with the N9 vs. N950 thread would allow to compare directly which of those features would also be available to common mortals, but maybe that's not the purpose, is it?

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
All the cool features given in this thread will apply to the N9, so this is not really a "N9 vs N950" thing. Of course the same thread about the N9 would be nice, but there are not so many non nokians with N9 around.

The Following User Says Thank You to erendorn For This Useful Post:
All the cool features given in this thread will apply to the N9, so this is not really a "N9 vs N950" thing.
never bothered even checking out the N9 vs N950 as i don't consider the N9 a MID (thus won't get one) and i don't have a N950, so, what's the point.
come to think of it, the only reason i started posting here was because of vi_'s posts...

Of course the same thread about the N9 would be nice, but there are not so many non nokians with N9 around.
well, @ least now they can post that they have a N9, right?
and that it definitely doesn't have a hw keyboard

The Following User Says Thank You to misterc For This Useful Post:
The n950 is beyond cool. After I solved an initial call UI problem, I made it my primary phone. That was unexpected. Via bluetooth, transferring n900 contacts and calendar took all of two minutes. If someone doesn't beat me to it, maybe later I'll write a transfer script for the phone and messaging logs. I use static WiFi IP addresses in my house, so email took a little longer while I figured out that I also had to manually configure the WiFi DNS. The usual stuff.

Anyway, it rocks. Now, back to my code...

Oh, and someone was wondering if this was a Jesus phone? Take a closer look:

Name:  jesus-phone.jpg
Views: 652
Size:  19.2 KB

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 58 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Shittown
What support exactly do you want? any HTC device I have owned (or that people I know have owned) did not have more than 3 major firmware updates or more than 1 year support. Cannot says for devices before, they did not have any at that time.
Even the oh-so-supported iphone get 1 major update after one year, and part of a second one after two.

Cannot tell for you, but most people don't buy devices for what they will do in 2 years time (in that case it's just much cheaper to buy 2 years old devices). If the N9 lacks "must have" features for you at 3 months after launch, DONT BUY IT. If it doesn't, buy it if you like it AS IT IS.
You miss the point. What you are talking about are UPDATES. What we are talking about is BUGFIXES for Maemo5 beta 3 (the most obvious example is "OVI Maps for Maemo").

Just check the support and update history of previous maemo devices (N7xx N8xx) then compare it to N900. Or just check the support of any general NOKIA device.

Once you did it, dare to say that again! We, NOKIA users doesn't expected such a crap support and ABANDON for a *coughcough*high-end*coughcough* device like this!

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I truly hope that all the folks with the N950 actually do something with it.

Otherwise, I can enumerate 200+ folks that had an opportunity to do something cool with hardware that we mere mortals don't have access to.

Take the hint. Don't let this be another N900 situation where the devs talked a good game, but didn't really produce much. Just saying...

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 500 | Thanked: 437 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oklahoma
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
N950 can remotely turn interesting threads into whine threads. Bet you weren't expecting that.
That's a special TMO feature, it is not a bug.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tzsm98 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I truly hope that all the folks with the N950 actually do something with it.

Otherwise, I can enumerate 200+ folks that had an opportunity to do something cool with hardware that we mere mortals don't have access to.

Take the hint. Don't let this be another N900 situation where the devs talked a good game, but didn't really produce much. Just saying...

your tone, and attitude through all of these threads is not productive. if you want ppl to program dont threaten them or accuse them of being hypocritical.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Take a chill pill. Was actually joking this time.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Take a chill pill. Was actually joking this time.

man, you forgot the best part of joking... the SMILIES
or a nice picture????
or. no, sorry, that's Dan's job, right?

but yes, in a well moderated forum, only N950 owners would be allowed to make "original posts", non-owner only being allowed (maybe) to ask questions about those features...

EDIT: which might have made your post more specific, maybe?

Last edited by misterc; 2011-07-24 at 06:36.