Active Topics

Originally Posted by p900 View Post
I am having problems using FM car kit.
when I call someone I can't hear anything except the device beeping in my radio. if I stop the application during the call I still can't hear anything through the device and I have to call again.
I made 3 phone calls and only one of them succeeded
Have you checked and made sure the FM car radio is showing as "ON" and not just the FM Transmitter switched on? As I have never had the same problem, there is however sometimes a slight delay before the call is heard but usually only a few seconds.

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ lisbon, portugal
Hello and thnaks for this great app.
I've used it today for the first time and was very satisfied with the result.
I have one sugestion/question:
I don't know if n900 fm transmitter has the capability of sending the TA signal.
According to wikipedia RDS defenitions (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_Data_System)
"
TA, TP
Traffic Announcement, Traffic Programme The receiver can often be set to pay special attention to this flag and e.g. stop the tape/pause the CD or retune to receive a Traffic bulletin. The TP flag is used to allow the user to find only those stations that regularly broadcast traffic bulletins whereas the TA flag is used to stop the tape or raise the volume during a traffic bulletin."

I think that this funcionality would be a great enhancement.
Thanks for tha app.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to trlopes1974 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 195 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Vancouver, Canada
Originally Posted by cipper View Post
Suggestions:

1) an option to decide if fmcarkit should be linked to the status of the transmitter (for my use fmcarkit should automatically be enabled whenever transmitter is on and disabled when transmitter is off).
Is this suggestion implemented yet?

Can anyone confirm it automatically transmitting incoming calls, JUST by having the FM transmitter ON while listening to music?

(The problem is, it's very inconvenient and forgettable to 'turn on' the FMcarkit app from the status menu every single time i enter the car - it would be a better solution to have FMcarkit turn on automatically when there's an incoming call AND fm is transmitted: similar to how Sygic MobileMaps automatically transmits voice directions automatically when it detects the FM transimtter ON)

Sorry i don't have an FM radio at home, so it's inconvenient for me to test this. Thanks Roeland for the development of an amazing app! Been looking for this for a long time!

is there a way to turn fm-carkit on/off with a command line or with a d-bus call? I would like to create a widget for QBW

The Following User Says Thank You to darodi For This Useful Post:
Hello community!

First of all thanks for this awesome application!

When I use the FM-Radio and finally close the calling, one can hear the "transmitter is on" beeping and after 15-20 seconds of silence the transmitter turns off and one can hear the scratchy sound of a unused radio frequency.
Can I disable the annoying beep AND the automatic transmitter turning off after while of silence (fm transmitter shall be active as long as fm-carkit is running)? If yes, how?

Furthermore I am using the Brodit carmount, the phone is placed in the middle of the car, above the air vent frame. When driving faster the noise is pretty loud, the dialogue partner can't hear me talking. I installed the modified "fmtdx" of jacekowski.org, which permantly sets the FM power to 120 and makes the FM-transmitter work independent from a plugged headphone or charger. My hope was, that the microphone of the headphone is used, when fm carkit is on and the headphone is plugged. The microphone could be installed to the sun visor and be directly in front of me -> clear sound even at noisy speed.
I made a test calling to find out whether the the headphones microphone is used or the built in microphone. Unfortunately it is the built in one.
My suggestion: It would seriously be useful, when the FM Carkit detects whether a headphone is plugged in or not. If a headphone is plugged, the phone should use the headphone microphone and if it is not plugged the standard built in micro.

Summary:
A possibility to disable the "beeping" + "transmitter auto turn off" and the headphone microphone functionality could make this application perfect!

best regards

redhotfoo

Last edited by redhotfoo; 2011-05-26 at 06:29.

Posts: 820 | Thanked: 436 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Portsmouth, UK.
Hi, thanks for the app, I use it quite alot.
I do have one problem though.

If I'm using the FM transmitter and my media player to listen to music, fm carkit is on and a call comes in.

The music is switched off, the phone call comes through the speakers.

When the call is over, the fm transmitter stays active, the music starts but plays through the phone speakers.

Is there any way to continue the music but have it play through via the transmitter?

Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to James_Littler For This Useful Post:
I use this app a lot so thanks for creating this lately i have been having problems using this app is before starting the fm carkit according to conky if i have say 192 process running after using fm carkit for calls and listening to music over radio once finished the conky shows crazy numbers of processes running like sometimes 212 sometimes upto 419 why is this? Whats causing soo many processes to start? It only happens when fm carkit is used for calls. Please help.

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ lisbon, portugal
Originally Posted by redhotfoo View Post
Hello community!

First of all thanks for this awesome application!

When I use the FM-Radio and finally close the calling, one can hear the "transmitter is on" beeping and after 15-20 seconds of silence the transmitter turns off and one can hear the scratchy sound of a unused radio frequency.
Can I disable the annoying beep AND the automatic transmitter turning off after while of silence (fm transmitter shall be active as long as fm-carkit is running)? If yes, how?

Furthermore I am using the Brodit carmount, the phone is placed in the middle of the car, above the air vent frame. When driving faster the noise is pretty loud, the dialogue partner can't hear me talking. I installed the modified "fmtdx" of jacekowski.org, which permantly sets the FM power to 120 and makes the FM-transmitter work independent from a plugged headphone or charger. My hope was, that the microphone of the headphone is used, when fm carkit is on and the headphone is plugged. The microphone could be installed to the sun visor and be directly in front of me -> clear sound even at noisy speed.
I made a test calling to find out whether the the headphones microphone is used or the built in microphone. Unfortunately it is the built in one.
My suggestion: It would seriously be useful, when the FM Carkit detects whether a headphone is plugged in or not. If a headphone is plugged, the phone should use the headphone microphone and if it is not plugged the standard built in micro.

Summary:
A possibility to disable the "beeping" + "transmitter auto turn off" and the headphone microphone functionality could make this application perfect!

best regards

redhotfoo
Regarding the "beeping" and "auto turn off" I think it is not possible. Both of these are in the fm-transmitter specs and are built in the transmitter itself.
Also, If FMCARKIT is enabled, even if the transmitter itselft turns off, if there is an incomming call it will automaticly turn on again.

EDIT: I also think than when you have something plugged in into the audio/video jack the fmtransmitter disables itself.

Regards
Tiago.

Last edited by trlopes1974; 2011-06-14 at 08:36.

Suggestion for possible feature:

Option to send IR command on incoming call to switch radio to the proper frequency.

Just a suggestion :

Turn off FM transmitter whenever there's an incoming call.
Then turn it back on again once the call is done.
Can you implement this?

Because it's kinda annoying when caller's voice gets transmitted to the car speaker lol