Originally Posted by memson View Post
As soon as I get a USB cable, I'll do the mods that require one (TurboDiablo does, I assume, due to reflashing?) but the others will be in place ASAP.
Nope, DT doesn't require a USB cable. You only have to download the files to the NIT, install them and reboot. The flashing process is only required if you need to get your software back to factory condition, e.g., it won't boot.

But I do need the external memory card, right? I don't have one yet... just ordered one though!

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ mid gulf coast florida
Originally Posted by memson View Post
But I do need the external memory card, right? I don't have one yet... just ordered one though!
nope... you can put all the files in a folder on the 2gb internal card '/media/mmc2'
just did that myself about two weeks ago.

have fun

Originally Posted by gazza_d View Post
i would do the following...

1. install the community SSU
2. install the diabloturbo modules
3. install telescope app launcher
4. install and switch to the diablo5 theme
5. install advanced system UI
6. install openntpd, openssh

They are the apps and updates which wil bring the device as upto date as possible and as close to maemo5 as it can be.

After that, it depends on what you want to do with the device

most of the software is mature and stable now.
i'm sorry i'm a noob and i've owned an n810 for around a year and i don't know how to install those.
any help?

Originally Posted by sevenhundred View Post
1. install the community SSU
2. install the diabloturbo modules
3. install telescope app launcher
4. install and switch to the diablo5 theme
5. install advanced system UI
6. install openntpd, openssh

i'm sorry i'm a noob and i've owned an n810 for around a year and i don't know how to install those.
any help?
http://asui.garage.maemo.org/download.html

Open that URL on your tablet's browser and click the three green links to install those repositories. Then open application manager and install community SSU enabler (or whatever looks similar to that), telescope, advanced systemui, openssh, openntpd and diablo5. Once the community enabler is installed you need to go to the update section in application manager where you will find the community ssu, upgrade it. Then change to the diablo5 theme from the home menu and reboot.

Diabloturbo will be the hardest to install but you can find installation steps at http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=69740 .

Most of those packages don't need to be configured or will be harder to configure unless you know what you're doing. ASUI provides a graphical config app that you should look at and the website (above URL) has more documentation. If you don't know what SSH is or how to use it then don't install the openssh app.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to auouymous For This Useful Post:
Hi, there is an ongoing debate on future of maemo.org at:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=1069052

I though all of us with "legacy" devices should be notified.

Sorry for disruption.

The Following User Says Thank You to momcilo For This Useful Post: