Active Topics

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
soo you have readed the contract? I doubt... btw. just wonder what contractt nokia had with Intel it must have been very bad...........
No I haven't but what I'm saying is that it would make sense. It would explain Elop's actions and Elop's statements. The contract with Intel was to produce a Meego handset, this is well known. It means the N9 is not a product of love from Nokia but an obligation. Also explains why Elop's saying the OS is not ready and putting down this OS in every statement he makes yet still releasing a handset with it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by Cue View Post
No I haven't but what I'm saying is that it would make sense. It would explain Elop's actions and Elop's statements. The contract with Intel was to produce a Meego handset, this is well known. It means the N9 is not a product of love from Nokia but an obligation. Also explains why Elop's saying the OS is not ready and putting down this OS in every statement he makes yet still releasing a handset with it.
What you said does not make sense bcause why would a contract with Microsoft have in it to make a MeeGo handset when all Microsoft want is a windows based device, does that mean Microsoft will know controll what devices are churned out by Nokia?.

Elop could well be right about MeeGo not complete but hell neither was wp7 in any way complete, this is all kind of confusing and conflicting with himself but i guess it will all come out in the wash eventually and as for not ready, we all know only too well after the shitty excuse of Maemo os.

Maybe Microsoft do have a os ready that needs an up to date on spec device to put it on and one thing for sure, if it is windows based it will require a lot of ram as well as a very fast cpu.

Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
What you said does not make sense bcause why would a contract with Microsoft have in it to make a MeeGo handset when all Microsoft want is a windows based device, does that mean Microsoft will know controll what devices are churned out by Nokia?.

Elop could well be right about MeeGo not complete but hell neither was wp7 in any way complete, this is all kind of confusing and conflicting with himself but i guess it will all come out in the wash eventually and as for not ready, we all know only too well after the shitty excuse of Maemo os.

Maybe Microsoft do have a os ready that needs an up to date on spec device to put it on and one thing for sure, if it is windows based it will require a lot of ram as well as a very fast cpu.
You have misunderstood the post. The past contract agreement for meego was with Intel, not MS.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Cue View Post
You have misunderstood the post. The past contract agreement for meego was with Intel, not MS.
Yep looks like i did.

SO what do you think of Elop?.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Better question. What do you think of Elop thus far? No ranting nor raving, calm adult answers.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
there is a dedicated thread for that........

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to somedude For This Useful Post:
Posts: 279 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Holland
He would be lucky to never run into me

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blipnl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by somedude View Post
there is a dedicated thread for that........
I think we need to rename that thread..

Stephen Elop: A Figure We Like to Talk About...
S. Elop: A Dedication, by The Community
Stephen: Here's Lookin at (and talkin bout) Ya.
Elop: The Man, The Myth (and the rumors).
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Well i think Elop should be held responcible for the N9 as he is CEO now.

So yes Elop IS relevent to this thread because he could very well **** all over the N9 !.

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????