Active Topics

Posts: 141 | Thanked: 359 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Italy
Can you explain a bit more what this error is about?
Does this mean it will work, but not as a phone, or are there more serious issues? Because if WiFi stays working... I could continue using it as an N810 replacement. It has not happened to me, mind you, but if it had... I would get the E7 AND ask for the N900 back. Or for the N900 + a C2 or something...

Posts: 353 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ India
wait a week...then it would be clear what Nokia does..send me a new N900 or an E7...personally i want my N900 back...and my N900 was out of warranty! so reps to Nokia for still helping me out.. !

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by JamesBond@ge View Post
What is this 'telephony disabled' error you speak of dean? Is it fatal?
Why, are you planning on getting the error?

In my case it wasn't fatal but it can be.

Posts: 194 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Sydney, Australia
Originally Posted by mikelima View Post
Does this mean it will work, but not as a phone, or are there more serious issues? Because if WiFi stays working... I could continue using it as an N810 replacement. It has not happened to me, mind you, but if it had... I would get the E7 AND ask for the N900 back. Or for the N900 + a C2 or something...
Exactly this. I have the same error on my N900, and now use it as my media player, and as a WiFi tablet when I'm in a relevant area.

I was wondering have all of you who successfully had your N900 repaired/replaced have a warranty? My N900 has been broken for a couple weeks!

Originally Posted by mikelima View Post
Basically it means all telephone related services/functions are disabled. I.e. the ability to make or receive telephone calls, texts, MMS, Internet access via 2G, 3G etc.

In my case, WIFI, all media functions, camera, apps, web browsing etc still worked fine.

Check out this thread for more info:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=66870

The Following User Says Thank You to Dean_uk For This Useful Post:
My N900 was sent away for repair as its screen went dead a few weeks back.

I got offered the N8 today as an "upgraded replacement" as Nokia have deemed my N900 as irrepairable. I have 60 days to swap it out for an E7 if I don't like the n8. The guy in the Nokia repair centre tried to convince me that I was getting an excellent deal by getting a brand new phone instead of my N900. I offered to relieve him of his car with a brand new bicycle - the schmuck refused.
I said I am happy to wait for the N9 if that can be offered as a repacement - he couldn't help me with that.

I am going to stand my ground and refuse the N8. Going to write to Nokia and ask for my N900 or a equivalent replacement (N9).The N8 is a bloody joke !

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rsn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Southern California, USA
Originally Posted by Aonsaithya View Post
In almost all of my experiences with various companies, the warranty replacement will always inherit the warranty remaining of the original product.

However, when I sent my N900 (1 year warranty left) to be put to sleep, they sent me an unopened E7 box with the full 24 month warranty (which I'm now exchanging elsewhere for an unused N900 with 24 month warranty <3).

Since they gave me a 24 month warranty for the E7, perhaps you should pester them more and try to get the full (or at least longer) warranty for your E7? All customers should be equal etc.
I've had my N900 for over a year now, the USB port has stopped working with my wall charger & usb cable, now unable to charge or transfer files from my pc. I'm now using an external desktop battery with two extra batteries. I do not know how this issue can be fixed or not. What is the telephone number or contact for Nokia USA? Has anybody from the US called to replace their N900???---Ray from Southern California

i sent Nokia and its repair affiliate Anovo a "nice" mail explaining how crap the N8 is compared to the N900. I told them how I used the phone for my work and how the N8 just cannot do the number crunching like the N900.

Nokia are arranging for a swap with a refurbished N900 on Monday!

YAY !!

Given how I'm so dependent on the N900, I don't think it would be a bad idea to invest in a few cheap N900s off eBay!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rsn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Aonsaithya View Post
In almost all of my experiences with various companies, the warranty replacement will always inherit the warranty remaining of the original product.

However, when I sent my N900 (1 year warranty left) to be put to sleep, they sent me an unopened E7 box with the full 24 month warranty (which I'm now exchanging elsewhere for an unused N900 with 24 month warranty <3).

Since they gave me a 24 month warranty for the E7, perhaps you should pester them more and try to get the full (or at least longer) warranty for your E7? All customers should be equal etc.
Got my E7 replacement a ten days ago, and yes it's a 2 year warranty

I'm slowly adapting to Symbian 3... and warming up to it.