Notices

Version 0.1.7 has been pushed to extras-devel. This is mainly a fine-tune/bug-fix release. What's new:
- Tweak to widget view to display more symbols. (+2 from 10 to 12)
- Improve position view memory usage, now Stockona memory usage drops down to ~13% on N900. This translate into a noticeable improvement to the scrolling smoothness.
- Error handling improvements for various error condition, e.g. local position error.
- Fix setting loading bug.
- Fix landscape chart view bug.
- Make all local portfolio operations immediate.
- Small tweak to make the progress bar at news view smooth instead of having a faint horizontal thin line.

I also created a blog to document the development work of Stockona:

http://sonyfever.blogspot.com/

Hopefully I could get some discussions that also improve my QT/QML coding.

BTW: I think this will be the near-final version for Meego coding competition as I will have very limited time to work on Stockona in the next two weeks.

Last edited by sony123; 2011-07-17 at 07:47.

I've updated to the latest version and since than every time when I opened the program it said 'cannot load local portfolio'. Do I need to creat a local portfolio and how? If I don't have one can I shout down this feature? Thx.

The Following User Says Thank You to Pencil For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Pencil View Post
I've updated to the latest version and since than every time when I opened the program it said 'cannot load local portfolio'. Do I need to creat a local portfolio and how? If I don't have one can I shout down this feature? Thx.
Thanks for reporting the bug. I should have realized the changes made to error handling would cause this false warning.

A bug-fixing release (0.1.8) has been released to extras-devel to fix the issue.

can you please add chart support for index like .DJI and XJO

thanks

This is due to Google and Yahoo using difference symbol names.
The first one seems to be convertible because there seems to be a common rule, i.e. .DJI* in google = ^DJI* in yahoo. But for XJO, I don't see a general pattern to do the conversion so I'm afraid I can not do anything about it.

I will add .* conversion to the next release. One workaround for now is to create a local yahoo portfolio for yahoo symbols. I remember you had used it? How do you like it?

A new release (0.1.9) is available in extras-devel.

- Enhance yahoo symbol conversion so for symbols starting with . in google finance, their charts can be fetched correctly.
- Disable all C-side qDebug message to optimize performance.

Hi William

i tried to make local portfolio and added JBH.AX as the only stock.

it shows the stock but it does not load the chart or the news.

this is problem with local portfolio only. Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to anismistry For This Useful Post:
Thanks anismistry, I can re-produce the bug. Also from the issue you raised, I realized the exchange field is not needed it only adds confusion. I will fix that after July. This is a busy month for me : p

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Planet Earth, sometimes
My Stockona seems to have broken after the latest updates. It starts up and just shows a black screen.

I tried removing it and re-installing, but same result.

There is no /home/user/.stockona directory so not sure what the problem is. Any ideas?

The Following User Says Thank You to menno For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by menno View Post
My Stockona seems to have broken after the latest updates. It starts up and just shows a black screen.

I tried removing it and re-installing, but same result.

There is no /home/user/.stockona directory so not sure what the problem is. Any ideas?
Could you try launching Stockona in xterm by
1) Launch xterm
2) Type 'run-standalone.sh /opt/stockona/bin/stockona'

And tell me the debug message in the xterm. The sequence should be:

Code:
State.login
State.loadPortfolio
https://finance.google.com/finance/feeds/default/portfolios
loadOnePosition: https://finance.google.com/finance/feeds/xxx/portfolios/2/positions false true 1
State.main