Active Topics

Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
Goodbye...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chemist For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
The fixing the USB port thing really shows how much we need this device and how good it still is, if you had any other phone you would just chuck it and buy a newer phone, but i still cant see any alternatives to my N900, the new Fujitsu Windows Phone looks pretty good, and has a keyboard, only thing i want to know is if it will be possible to strip it and put ubuntu on it, it really has some nice specs like:

x86 processor, imaging playing 'INSANE' or other cool games via wine
4inch display sporting a 1024x600 RES!
1GB RAM

But it is only interesting if i can put ubuntu on it, f*cking not going near windows again, been there for 15 years+ before.....

And on the N900 USB i will again point out if you have a XL battery then you have the space put a plug, even a small Micro usb in there and make the connections to the pads under the battery.
I guess im going to be the last one with a working USB port (No fix) because i use it 1 time a week on average for data transfer.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by luketanti View Post
It is not dead. It is working. Usb port is finished. I can now connect it again with my pc and even charge with the wall charger. I am not that noobish in soldering. I just do not have a lot of experience in surface mount soldering. Thanks for the help who ever contributed!
Just be ware my friend, it is not a 100% reliable result, do carefully charge it and gently remove the usb out of the port carefully. It can easily come of the board even a slight giggle.

One piece of advise is to not use your phone while it is charging. Even mine, after epoxy it, it still sometimes charging but not charging but sometimes it charge okay with different charger. So it is a temporary solution only. I'm sending mine to Cambodia with my brother to get it welded properly because they can do a better job there with a new USB port

All the best and congratulation on your sucess

The Following User Says Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by chemist View Post
Step Back Nothing To See Here!

The next time I read about you posting in threads not on topic will get you a ban, next time you post something about your "wondermod" without posting details what you did will get you a ban! Just to prevent you from posting crap and get you banned again. I don't like you and I wont hesitate to ban you, again, this time forever. And I am not pretending to be nice anymore you ran the edge and if you will fail a step again you will find yourself a new place to waste other people's time!

St. Chem out!
No love lost there i can tell you because personally i do not like you either and hate the way you excersize your power as a supermoderator.

YOU should be banned for the remarks to me in that post so i strongly suggest you think before you type !.

BAN me like i give a fcuck because i will always be able to watch the chaos on here no matter WHAT you do OK.

PS this is my very last message to you by the way so you will not be pained by any more of my words because YOU are now on my ignor list !.

UPDATE apparently i cannot put a moderator on my ignor list hahahaha.

Last edited by abill_uk; 2011-07-27 at 07:58.

Originally Posted by dr_frost_dk View Post
The fixing the USB port thing really shows how much we need this device and how good it still is, if you had any other phone you would just chuck it and buy a newer phone, but i still cant see any alternatives to my N900

Check THIS!
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by chemist View Post
Step Back Nothing To See Here!

The next time I read about you posting in threads not on topic will get you a ban, next time you post something about your "wondermod" without posting details what you did will get you a ban! Just to prevent you from posting crap and get you banned again. I don't like you and I wont hesitate to ban you, again, this time forever. And I am not pretending to be nice anymore you ran the edge and if you will fail a step again you will find yourself a new place to waste other people's time!

St. Chem out!
you strike me as a bully raging in his backyard...
are you sure you are mature enough to be a moderator on a public forum?

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by misterc View Post
you strike me as a bully raging in his backyard...
are you sure you are mature enough to be a moderator on a public forum?
Oh come on.

How isn't this pure trolling and violation of a few other points in our forums' rules? Also the few posts before that.

http://talk.maemo.org/faq.php?faq=vb...q_tmorulestext

Originally Posted by talk.maemo.org Rules

Respect Forum Moderators, Administrators and Members
If you have any problems with any of the staff, please PM or email the Administrator(s). Attacking any forum staff will be considered as violating the "No abuse, insults or personal attacks" rule. talk.maemo.org is a gathering place for people of many ideas but a common goal (the use, development of, and promotion of Maemo-related devices and software) and disagreement with ideas is not an excuse to be disagreeable towards other community members.

No Trolling
A post that is solely intended to incite controversy or conflict, or cause annoyance or offense is considered "trolling". These posts will only lead to personal attacks and emotional outbursts from other members, which results in an unhealthy atmosphere.

No Abuse, Insults or Personal Attacks
Abuse, insults and personal attacks directed at any member, person, or group are unacceptable. If you disagree with someone on some point, please do not resort to name calling or personal attacks; instead, argue the merits of their points. Please note that attacking people you perceive to be "trolls", "fanbois" or "flame baiters" still counts as a personal attack, and your posts will be removed as such.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Just to clarify things, I'm 100% supporting decision of banning abil, if such event happened. If not, I hope it's gonna happen soon.

Said that, chemist approach was little childish and silly, with all that ego things about stepping back etc. Also, I think that "respect for moderators" doesn't mean, that moderators are immune to meritocratic critic.

Still, drilling this topic more - especially in this thread - is big mistake in my opinion, and that apply not only to ysss, but to me also. Just put this mess into rest and go back into topic, ok?
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lazart View Post

After putting the device halfway together, at least the battery must have a connection, I connected an USB cable, which I cut on one side, that it has just the plug for the computer and wires on the other side, that where temporarily connected to the wires on my phone. Now my PC recognized a new USB device, rest is flashing, see in the wiki.
Lazart,
how did you connect those four wires to the pc? I mean which wires from n900 to which wires on the head of usb port?

Posts: 99 | Thanked: 64 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Stuttgart/Germany
Originally Posted by avasz View Post
Lazart,
how did you connect those four wires to the pc? I mean which wires from n900 to which wires on the head of usb port?
hi avasz,
well i knew the n900 pin-out and that for USB. I used an old USB-cable and cut one side off. you just need all USB pins connected to each other: Vcc, D+, D- and GND.

The Following User Says Thank You to lazart For This Useful Post:

Tags
test points, usb port