Notices

wow didnt know we had a pretty good chunk of nepali lads in the forum.
yeah three years of data is plenty... i think...
i am quite certain that everyone would have a different device in 3 yrs from now.
its good that you took QT for the programming if someday meego takes off, shouldnt be that hard to compile for it right? i am not that bright on the programming.
oh yeah i knew because i am from Nepal too.

Posts: 440 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Las Vegas, NV
Originally Posted by midflow View Post
is this like lunar calendar?
Yes it is one of the lunar calendar and there is no hard and fast rule to calculate number of days in given month or at least I don't know it.

Originally Posted by somedude View Post
wow didnt know we had a pretty good chunk of nepali lads in the forum.
yeah three years of data is plenty... i think...
i am quite certain that everyone would have a different device in 3 yrs from now.
its good that you took QT for the programming if someday meego takes off, shouldnt be that hard to compile for it right? i am not that bright on the programming.
oh yeah i knew because i am from Nepal too.
I expected for at least 5 other guys(excluding me), we are all total five. Not that bad. :-)

Any comments, suggestions, bug reports are welcomed.

Btw I was confused with somedude and somebody (developer of someplayer), thought somedude was Russian. :-)

New version is out and probably will be final version. Just noticed that I should have aligned the text in middle rather than default left.

The Following User Says Thank You to Joseph9560 For This Useful Post:
will try

I cycled through Nepal a few months ago, and really loved it. Such wonderful people!

I am trying to encourage more localisation of Maemo apps, so if anybody wants to do Nepali translations, hopefully some other devs will come forward and add localisation support to their apps - it's really not difficult.

@Somedude, didn't you write Someplayer?

@Xangoln Thanks for visiting Nepal. Hope (and seems) you enjoyed Nepal. We are celebrating Nepal Tourism Year 2011. I did thought to include Nepal Tourism Year 2011 info in about page of the app, but forgot to do so.

About localization of more maemo apps, you already saw how many maemo users are there :-) . On one hand there are too few Nepalese here, on the others those who carry n900 shouldn't have problems with normal English, at last it was/is a high end device. And Nepali translation was among most boring and/or hard part of the app development. I don't know how to use Qt Linguistic, all I did was conditional statement to change the displayed text, even harder part was I required to convert Nepali unicode text into unicode numbers (something like \320\240\255 ) and paste those numbers in the code. I don't know if there's any other way but that's what I knew and that's what I did.

And no its SomeDUDE not SomeBODY. I got confused as well.

thanks a lot to joseph9560. mobile ma nepali calendar liyera hinna ramailai hun6

@rasik_35 welcomed, nice to see one more user of my app. Might probably make auto rotation possible and center align the text in the calender cells, not anytime sooner though. My GRE date is approaching and I am totally unprepared :-)

jos...
one problem, the app is not opening. when i tap on the menu icon then it shows busy for a while then nothing opens at all. what's the fault?

Hmm, the app is coded in qt, I guess qt comes by default in n900. Which are you using PR 1.3 (or even newer CSSU) or are you with old version of the os? Make sure your other qt apps are working, download and install qt packages if problem is not yet soloved.