I hope someone builds a sweet dropbox app, or skydrive app My app needs are quite limited.

The Following User Says Thank You to hotnikkelz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by hotnikkelz View Post
I hope someone builds a sweet dropbox app, or skydrive app My app needs are quite limited.
LOL! Keep hoping...

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Pune, India
CLUE: See the colours on the wall. Find that nothing is random on the dashboard.

Are they talking about the wallpapers on the N9s in the videos? I am too sleepy :-(

Posts: 196 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Near St. Albans UK
that clue is impossible!! whoever gets it please explain!

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Colors on the wall probably mean the posters that the dude is putting up.

Orange, Magenta and Cyan in that order from left to right.

Problem is... if that's not Orange - I'm on an uncalibrated monitor at the moment, then Yellow. So Y, M, C. The next poster is White, that's RGB (additive), not print like CMYK (subtractive)

I've looked at the Taxi Driver's dashboard... don't recall anything really being obvious to me.

The dashboard is the website, that Davinci gif and others are not random, there is a pattern to those.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Not sure why this came in via PM, since it's a public discussion but...
Originally Posted by NOMOS
A response to your real questions:

The only one? -> Funny

Here's what I'd like to know, though... where's your N9 now? --> It has not shipped yet, so what?

Who are these mythical crowds of people who are happy with their N9? --> I am pretty sure I will be happy, and besides even if they only sell a few 100k, there will be many happy users. The fact that there are no N9 users in the market yet has zero relvance to what we discuss.

My personal grief? It's lessened a lot since starting to find that my Android devices are beginning to take over the functions I used to use Maemo for,

That is great news for you. Then why be here and complain? Do you want to convince people Android is better? Start a thread, "why android made me happy"...

But I really wish to see Nokia either properly support Maemo and its customers or at least give it all over for the community to support itself. Is that really so much to ask?

Yes, because your premise is wrong. Who says Nokia did not properly support the N900? I don't agree. I never expected PR 1.2 or PR 1.3. And it seems they fund this board where others discuss the CSSU that is now on my device. I am still perfectly happy with the N900. You own the N800 correct?

If so, then why is it unreasonable to grief? Real questions, there.

Grieve all you want, but do it in the N800 threads or whatever. Your repeated clamoring for supporting the N800 or N900 as much as you want them to has zero relevance in this N9 thread. Which is what annoys me. Start a thread: Stuff Nokia should have done to support N800, or something along those lines. At least you are on topic then.

Have a good day!
The N9 hasn't shipped. There aren't any throngs of satisfied customers so I'm not sure why anyone's claiming it's incredible until they've had it in their paws. I remain skeptical of it as a whole--especially as this abomination device between Maemo and MeeGo. Your mileage may, indeed, vary--but based on specs and details alone I'm not sure there's anything you can tell me that makes my opinion any less personal and invalid. This is also the relevance to what we're discussing--there are barely any people who can comment. You aim to dismiss dissenting opinion but I think daperl was one of the few (don't remember the others) with a good valid set of experiences based on actually using one and THAT observation was valuable. I look forward to seeing the results--but I think this Maemo+MeeGo crossed-eyed abomination isn't going to fly very far. Thus far, there are no satisfied customers as of yet and Nokia's support in the past does not instill confidence in this mongoloid's future and development and Elop's attitude throws kerosene on said "burning platform" and this device.

As for Android--I would have hoped that a company claiming to put OPEN SOURCE out there as their singularly better feature (basing a line of hardware with Linux on it and pointing that out) the support has been far and away MUCH better from Google and from the plethora of manufacturers I get to choose from. A competitive landscape with a shared operating system platform is a far better one than a single manufacturer, with a one-off in-between operating system on a device with poor specifications in a line of products that have been designed for planned obsolescence along each step of the way (an INCREDIBLE feat in an open-source product, wouldn't you agree?). I hoped for better, ended up with about the same (open vs closed) or worse (support and accessories) than Android. I'm not sure that I have to convince anyone of anything, frankly. I keep lurking around to see if there's sort of hope for something better and to keep in touch with the people I've met here (although they're quickly beginning to show up on Google+ now and I'm starting to appear here on TMO less and less).

My premise would be wrong (expecting support) if I had bought a product that didn't run open-source software and didn't have to compete with other operating systems. I don't think expecting regular security and bug fixes is too much to ask, thank you very much.

To your final point, I'm not having a conversation about the N800 in particular. The N800 isn't a Maemo+MeeGo in-betweener.. and it's not the new device about to come out. I'm here in this thread to participate in the conversation about what I think about this device that hasn't even been sold yet. Is there some reason why I shouldn't have an opinion, good or bad, or shouldn't point things out? ...or are you implying that possessing a product only entitles you to an opinion on THAT product alone?
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Posts: 55 | Thanked: 140 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Colors on the wall probably mean the posters that the dude is putting up.

Orange, Magenta and Cyan in that order from left to right.

Problem is... if that's not Orange - I'm on an uncalibrated monitor at the moment, then Yellow. So Y, M, C. The next poster is White, that's RGB (additive), not print like CMYK (subtractive)

I've looked at the Taxi Driver's dashboard... don't recall anything really being obvious to me.
I went on the same track also: posters being Yellow, Magenta, Cyan...
so CMYK color model...
Interestingly the "K" for the "Black" is also called the "Key"...
N9 colors correspond to C, M, K...

Something about the "missing" Y?...

Don't know how to go further from here though...

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Switzerland
On the Taxi Driver`s Dasboard is the color in HEX

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by 0x4e84 View Post
I went on the same track also: posters being Yellow, Magenta, Cyan...
so CMYK color model...
Interestingly the "K" for the "Black" is also called the "Key"...
N9 colors correspond to C, M, K...

Something about the "missing" Y?...

Don't know how to go further from here though...
100% C, 100% Y, 100% M = #363639 in Hex.

100% C, 100% M, 100% K = #0e001a in Hex.

That's not it either.

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????