Notices

I know there's a thousand threads about n900's not turning on bla bla blaaaaa. So please don't tell me to do a search because i've just spent the last hour doing so and found no answer. This n900 came from a friend who initially lost it, had another handset sent to him by voda and then he found the first handset again but never used it since. Anyway, my bird works for voda and she checked the imei number to see if its on their blacklist but it isn't.. So the problem.. phone switches on, Nokia appears on the screen followed by the dots, freezes then turns off. I've flashed both images like 10 times with no difference. Any idea's anyone?? The phone worked fine before it was lost so there's no reason it shouldn't work now right?
Thanks in advance

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Off the top of my head..... battery ok? does it enter charging mode when switched off?

Originally Posted by handaxe View Post
Off the top of my head..... battery ok? does it enter charging mode when switched off?
Battery's fine, i've tried 2 fully charged ones. When ya plug it in it just lights up with nokia on the screen, goes off then lights up again then goes n keeps doing it untill u unplug it?

just a simpel?
wich os you r using

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by natedog400 View Post
Battery's fine, i've tried 2 fully charged ones. When ya plug it in it just lights up with nokia on the screen, goes off then lights up again then goes n keeps doing it untill u unplug it?
I would try r&d mode with watchdog etc disabled (if the n900 allows) and try to boot.

The Following User Says Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 502 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ /dev/null
Have you tried to flash just the FIASCO image instead of both FIASCO and eMMC?

The Following User Says Thank You to tuxsavvy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by handaxe View Post
I would try r&d mode with watchdog etc disabled (if the n900 allows) and try to boot.
No idea what that means but i'll check it out lol Thanks

Originally Posted by tuxsavvy View Post
Have you tried to flash just the FIASCO image instead of both FIASCO and eMMC?
No i haven't, but surely it won't make a difference? I mean i've flashed them both already? I'll certainly try tho

Posts: 63 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Venezuela
To change to R&D mode you need to have flasher installed and run:

In linux:
flasher-3.5 --enable-rd-mode

In windows
flasher-3.5.exe --enable-rd-mode

In case it boots up in this mode, you should take a look to this thread: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...82#post1047282

Originally Posted by jvollmann View Post
To change to R&D mode you need to have flasher installed and run:

In linux:
flasher-3.5 --enable-rd-mode

In windows
flasher-3.5.exe --enable-rd-mode

In case it boots up in this mode, you should take a look to this thread: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...82#post1047282
So plug phone in flash mode and run that code in flasher! Sounds easy peasy, i'll try it tonight n report back