Anyone knows why UKTUBE when i paste a link says initiating download and nothing happens, it stays like that

thanksss

Hi,

I have the same problem.
hope someone can help...

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ somewhere in the far south
Honestly, never had that problem, always downloaded fine (OS2007)...The problem is there always present or just sometimes?

Posts: 487 | Thanked: 152 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ London, UK
u have to wait a bit, initialisation to download can take up tp 6min (max ive experienced) before it downloads the video.

hope that helps.
btw try not to do too much stuff on ur tablet while u use UKTUBE and avoid touch download repeatedly

Applications I've made:
- Vuvuzela
- LTM: London Tube Map

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Florida (I'm Spaniard)
After 1/2 hour "initiating download..." I think that I can say that I have the same problem.

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Aug 2007 @ a northerner in the south
i have the same problem on 770. it either works or it dont. you could save all the hassle and just use realplayer on your desktop. it gives you the option of downloading any video clip on youtube or anything and save in your library and just transfer via usb to your tablet.

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Nov 2006 @ Chicago,IL
You can always go to websites like KeepVid/LeechVideo to grab/download flv files.

I gave up on UKTUBE and got an N800 instead

Some sites have a simple file structure to grab the .flvs.

On one of my fave video sites, maniacworld.com, you simply insert or replace with "flv" in the URL to download the Flash vids to view on MPlayer.

exp. -you select a vid on the homepage and the URL goes to this:

www.maniacworld.com/chosenvideo.html

you bring up the address window and cursor into it to make:

www.maniacworld.com/flv/chosenvideo.flv

and you will get a download prompt for the actual flash vid.

Also, for your "big computer" the Firefox browser has a "Download Helper" add-on that really works well to automatically cache and download nearly anything.

My problem is that my uktube is downloading fine but its not kicking off mplayer after/during the download! the file doesnt even play when i open mplayer and select play. Anyone knows why?

The Following User Says Thank You to acidrain For This Useful Post: