Does anybody know if the WiFi chip supports acting as an access point in infrastructure mode? This was a limitation of phones such as the N95 and N82; Nokia removed infrastructure mode from the hardware, so any tethering apps like JoikuSpot and WalkingHotSpot could only tether in Adhoc mode.

If so I'll be able to tether my 3G connection to my Nintendo DS

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
There is ad hoc mode described in the manual. This should do the trick, but on the expense of battery life as ad hoc knows absolutely nothing about WiFi power saving.

The Following User Says Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Damn, the DS isn't compatible with adhoc networks for access points. I wonder how software access points work and whether it's possible for the N900 to act as one, or is it a hardware limitation?

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Can anyone with N900 try to put it in AP/master mode?

Sorry to dig up an old topic, but anyone know if this can be done?

Thanks

Dan

guess it cant be done. any clues?

Can't be done, see the mobilehotspot thread for more info.