Active Topics

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
I don't know Karam and his project. And I don't know Jedi, I have simply looked at his post / thank ratio and if his concerns are valid. But I know and respect texrat, MohammedAG, marxian and qwerty12! And if I look at this forum I can continue the list with a lot more people like those.

I don't know exactly why zehjotkah made this decision. I wrote only why I'm able to understand it.
What about asking all developers from whom you have taken and included the scripts your application is based on if they would post here a short message that they are fine with your application, that you are participating with and that they are fine that it contains parts of their work.

I'm sure in this case some dude who has made this decision will reconsider.

But personally I would still have a really bad feeling about making advertising thru this community competition for a application that "nags" the users until they pay 5$. But this is perhaps only my personal opinion.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 358 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Dec 2010
Originally Posted by Helmuth View Post
I don't know Karam and his project. And I don't know Jedi, I have simply looked at his post / thank ratio and if his concerns are valid. But I know and respect texrat, MohammedAG, marxian and qwerty12! And if I look at this forum I can continue the list with a lot more people like those.

I don't know exactly why zehjotkah made this decision. I wrote only why I'm able to understand it.
What about asking all developers from whom you have taken and included the scripts your application is based on if they would post here a short message that they are fine with your application, that you are participating with and that they are fine that it contains parts of their work.

I'm sure in this case some dude who has made this decision will reconsider.

But personally I would still have a really bad feeling about making advertising thru this community competition for a application that "nags" the users until they pay 5$. But this is perhaps only my personal opinion.
First off only texrat and marxian has commented in my thread and I didn't understand texrat either. I thought he is a reasonable man. About the scripts from the developper I've posted in their threads, I didn't ask them, but I mentioned them in my webpage. So I think is free. I don't know maybe this is a good idea but it's just at the beginning of my thread I get these posts and cracking Software is not good either.

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
You can pull mine (proximus) if you didn't already, I didn't upload it because it's not done. Needs another week or so

I just wanted to say that my submission, the game Nanoparticles, is available for all platforms for free during the voting process. Earlier, it was only available through Ovi Store, so I'm writing this in case anyone has been looking for a download. (And to promote it, of course - I hope that is okay in this thread?)

Download it for your platform here

If you want to read more about the game, the main page is located here, and I've started a thread about it here. The game is open source, and you can browse or download the source code from this github project.

And of course, the submission page is here.

I think that should be enough with the spamming/promotion. Good luck to everyone with the competition!

Last edited by dragly; 2011-08-09 at 03:07.

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by epitaph View Post
Do you mean my script? N900 Performance Optimizing etc. Why is that? I didn't break any rules. If you download the app it's even an updated version in the time frame. So why all this trouble?
Sorry, I fail to find the updated version anywhere.
It's the same version (v0.0.1) since the beginning. The rules of this competition are stating clearly that submissions have to be developed within the competitions timeframe or substancial updates have to be made during the mentioned timeframe.
I also fail to see any substancial updates.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
Sorry, I fail to find the updated version anywhere.
It's the same version (v0.0.1) since the beginning. The rules of this competition are stating clearly that submissions have to be developed within the competitions timeframe or substancial updates have to be made during the mentioned timeframe.
I also fail to see any substancial updates.
I can fix that. I can also make it free during the competition and w/o nag screen. But do you mean the version number or the creation date? I didn't get it!!!! I've updated and released new versions steadily in my thread. I've even wrote that I'm not a fan of pushing the version number, too. I shared my experience with the Ovi-Store but mostly I think this community is about attacking and insulting people.

Last edited by epitaph; 2011-08-09 at 07:24.

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
I can fix that. I can also make it free during the competition and w/o nag screen. But do you mean the version number or the creation date? I didn't get it!!!! I've updated and released new versions steadily in my thread. I've even wrote that I'm not a fan of pushing the version number, too. I shared my experience with the Ovi-Store but mostly I think this community is about attacking and insulting people.
It's hard to follow your progress without documentation and version numbers. Even if you are not a fan of pushing the version numbers we need something to compare.

I tried to check this. Buy I'm unable to find a trustable source to compare the made progress. The site megaupload is blocked by my firewall and I can't find the exact name of your package at your thread. So I'm currently unable to search for a history. Please point me thru this interface to your package: http://maemo.org/packages/

But we are still in the situation that we don't know who made the progress we are voting for at this competition. Was it you or the original creators of the used scripts?

Sadly the conflict will persist and you haven't created yourself many friends at TMO with your rude style. And your advertising spam threads are like your 5$ nag screen rather a sing of a profit oriented project: #1, #2, #3
So, are you still a individual community member or a Company, trying to earn money?
Anyway, including open source code into a project and trying to sell it is not a very nice behavior. But many members have already told you this. So this discussion is perhaps offtopic at this thread.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Helmuth View Post
It's hard to follow your progress without documentation and version numbers. Even if you are not a fan of pushing the version numbers we need something to compare.

I tried to check this. Buy I'm unable to find a trustable source to compare the made progress. The site megaupload is blocked by my firewall and I can't find the exact name of your package at your thread. So I'm currently unable to search for a history. Please point me thru this interface to your package: http://maemo.org/packages/

But we are still in the situation that we don't know who made the progress we are voting for at this competition. Was it you or the original creators of the used scripts?

Sadly the conflict will persist and you haven't created yourself many friends at TMO with your rude style. And your advertising spam threads are like your 5$ nag screen rather a sing of a profit oriented project: #1, #2, #3
So, are you still a individual community member or a Company, trying to earn money?
Anyway, including open source code into a project and trying to sell it is not a very nice behavior. But many members have already told you this. So this discussion is perhaps offtopic at this thread.
Yes, sure if you banned Jedi from this community.

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
Yes, sure if you banned Jedi from this community.
Yeah, I'm still here

Have you read and understood the GPL yet?

As someone who has spent time and effort giving to the open source community, your actions repulse me. But that's just my personal opinion which I'm entitled to.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jedi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jedi View Post
Yeah, I'm still here

Have you read and understood the GPL yet?

As someone who has spent time and effort giving to the open source community, your actions repulse me. But that's just my personal opinion which I'm entitled to.
I'm mean that is not what I want. An open source project. I didn't understand your requirement and you can pull me off the competition.

But noneless you can ban Jedi and Karam for their actions here. And also _vi.

Last edited by epitaph; 2011-08-09 at 11:24.

Tags
coding, community, competition, contest, development, intel, meego, meetmeego, nokia