Active Topics

Hi,

The topic title says it all really... I'm looking for a better sound recorder app than we currently have.

Something like Audacity would be awesome, but I guess it's pretty complicated to port it over to Maemo.

Is there any way to change the sound quality settings on the Recorder app? The low quality recording is the main reason I need something else.

Thanks in advance,

HarisF

Originally Posted by Harisf1 View Post
Hi,

The topic title says it all really... I'm looking for a better sound recorder app than we currently have.

Something like Audacity would be awesome, but I guess it's pretty complicated to port it over to Maemo.

Is there any way to change the sound quality settings on the Recorder app? The low quality recording is the main reason I need something else.

Thanks in advance,

HarisF
I don't know if is better than Recorder but you cuold give a try myDicto - Speech record and playback.

Grettings.

Try 'Recaller' from the repositores

you can record in FLAC, WAV or AAC formats. You can use it as a dictaphone and you can also record system sounds (e.g i play bbc 1xtra internet radio and if theres a song i like, i can record it)

well i had "Audacity" in LXDE and use to run it via Debbie command in Maemo.. & was able to record FM with it(altho i had crashes).. but its good to have a complete Audio editor in N900 ^^

Posts: 202 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ France 55
Can somebody take a screenshot of alsa parameters in recording ?
I change something, and now recorder saturing when recording a live band.
Ouch, i hope somebody will understand....

Yeah, it's really important to have a good sound recorder for me..

I came from using an N95 [Symbian might suck, but you can't fault the quality of some apps on the platform] which had a couple of amazing recording apps. I could select the file format, bit rate, and sample rate among other options. I really just want a simple way to get high quality recordings from the phone.

I know it's possible, but what are the incentives for anyone who has the skill to port something like Audacity to the N900?

[No incentives ]