Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by momcilo View Post
Yes, the pole makes sense.
Actually more than one:
  • device prevalence among user/developers, used to determine how many users have each device, and how many developers are willing to work on particular device.
  • possible future developments, depending on above situation.
Can you see any possibility at all even of community members working on any WP device in the future?.

I know what your answer would be and that will kind of leave a very interesting situation for some time on here because IF the N9 is indeed the last non WP device for some time then can you actually see development on what will be old and dated hardware ?.

Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
Can you see any possibility at all even of community members working on any WP device in the future?.

I know what your answer would be and that will kind of leave a very interesting situation for some time on here because IF the N9 is indeed the last non WP device for some time then can you actually see development on what will be old and dated hardware ?.
Abill all the pre-requisites for translation of developers to WF7 have been already done:
  • strategic acquisition of QT by Nokia
  • m$-nokia deal
  • QT is the only official stack (no other libs are even mentioned)
  • QT/QML (btw: I don't think it is so revolutionary, since there is mozilla framework for more than 10 years) was advertised as solution for everything, so majority developers will use it exclusively to develop N9 applications
  • All of the community apps will be open source

This creates an interesting situation when Nokia someday translates to WF7.

They will already have the applications, and no matter how much the developers may oppose, there is nothing that can prevent building of applications for WF7, provided that they were entirely written in QT.

Last edited by momcilo; 2011-08-13 at 08:52.

The Following User Says Thank You to momcilo For This Useful Post:
OK but what devices will be the target?.

Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
OK but what devices will be the target?.
Let us have pole first

Originally Posted by momcilo View Post
Abill all the pre-requisites for translation of developers to WF7 have been already done:[LIST][*]strategic acquisition of QT by Nokia
[...]

They will already have the applications, and no matter how much the developers may oppose, there is nothing that can prevent building of applications for WF7, provided that they were entirely written in QT.
maybe there would also be needed a poll to decide whether development should be done in GTK or in Qt

Last edited by misterc; 2011-08-13 at 09:16.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Ok, let's get one thing straight.

Pool:

Pole:

Poll:
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by misterc View Post
maybe there would also be needed a pool to decide whether development should be done in GTK or in Qt
That is a personal preference, as far as I am concerned I would be happy to see both used. Competition is a good thing.

Last edited by momcilo; 2011-08-13 at 09:13.

ysss, I would prefer to have your attention to more specific things than spelling.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
[QUOTE=momcilo;1069045]
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
Ok, let's get one thing straight.

Pool:
pic omitted.

Pole:
pic omitted.

Poll:
pic omitted.

ysss, I would prefer to have your attention to more specific things than spelling.
Let's wait until the poll

Personally though, I'm wondering how we can get good data from the poll, since things are moving quite quickly and the people rather fickle. But any data is better than no data.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following User Says Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
FFS misterec go and correct your mistake pmsl because you will never hear the last of it

PS i probably make more typo's in a day than you make in a lifetime .

Last edited by abill_uk; 2011-08-13 at 09:21.