Posts: 92 | Thanked: 238 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
I just sync my exchange calendar to google calendar, which is synched to my phone. Works well for me on N950.

Sorry, don't know the answer to your specific question, but maybe this approach would work for you too.
Well, it could and should work technically. But unfortunately it would also be against company's security policy to do so.

Oh well, let's see how how this goes when I get my N9. In the worst case I guess have to kiss my manager's *ss in order to get permission for using MfE And invent some damn good business reason for using it.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Im just pissed troll... both on Nokia and this forum and myself for still being here...
I can deal with honesty like this.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by Lindegaard View Post
you'd be surprised how stupid carrier employees can be. Without marketing there will undoubtly be quite a few employees who will think Meego is a new Symbian update (it shares the same icons) - maybe the codename for Belle or whatever.
They will think it is called "Swipe"

Originally Posted by Lindegaard View Post
It's sad you don't get the N9 in US and UK, but many other places are getting it and I for one will be albe to buy it via a carrier so this thread is not a complete waste of time

(well, not yet)
I think it serves them good not getting the N9. US/UK - a fanboy orgy for iOS and Android

Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
Dont worry mike your not on your own
Strange, cause I am NOT pissed at Nokia or Elop. If that makes me a troll I really don't care. I feel a little sorry for Nokia and Elop though.

Nobody answered my previous question but i have more here on the list...

Can it be configured, how programs behave in backround?: full running, idle, "who cares...", canada?

--
and apologize for my bad english

The Following User Says Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 112 | Thanked: 269 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Oulu, Finland
Originally Posted by zymo View Post
Thanks for link and most of all i like this

So until now we have 3 BT-Options:

a) BT2.1

b) BT4.0

c) BT3.0

what about an option d? Any suggestions?
BT 1.0 or no BT (reserved for searay)

The Following User Says Thank You to larux For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
Strange, cause I am NOT pissed at Nokia or Elop. If that makes me a troll I really don't care. I feel a little sorry for Nokia and Elop though.
Are you MAD? you feel sorry for Elop when he has spelt the end for many things including MeeGo the N9 and probably support for it... dream on guy that fat git will get a fat cheque every month and what do we get????? think about it ok.

N9 has bluetooth 3.0

@catbus
You can have apps fully running in the background it seems, I saw a demo video of a compass that was still doing its compass business even when it was in multitasking view. Looked pretty cool, like a live thumbnail

Posts: 112 | Thanked: 269 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Oulu, Finland
Originally Posted by JiiHoo View Post
Question: Does anybody know whether N9 supports syncing of Outlook/Exchange calendar via USB or bluetooth in a similar way as it works with Ovi Suite & Symbian? I know that there is something called Nokia Link which should work with N9, but for that it only says is specs "PC and Mac application for easily syncing photos, music and videos". Any idea whether Ovi Suite would work in this case?

And before anybody says "use MfE": Not an option in case of my work email/calendar. Our company's IT-department has a monthly fee for such joy and with all these present day's cost cutting exercises its not easy to get an approval for that.

Besides, I don't want to contaminate my own phone with emails related to work, just getting calendars in sync is enough.
I have had opportunity to briefly use N9 and I can tell that there are options to sync calendars btw devices at least (don't remember exactly). I can check it next week when i'm back at the work (my workmate has N9, don't ask how it's possible, but that's case)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to larux For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????